IVY AND THE ASTRAL TETHER

TWENTY-FOUR
𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

TWENTY-FOUR𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

         IT TOOK FIVE MANDRAKE LEAVES until she got it right

IT TOOK FIVE MANDRAKE LEAVES until she got it right. It took a month longer than expected for the ritual to work, although Dumbledore himself told her to take her time. What was the rush, he would ask.

Ivy stood in the middle of the hall, gazing out the window that overlooked students heading to the village. She spotted the crowds of students, huddled together in many different groups, and spotted Vanille even. She was walking with an arm around her shoulders, attached to a boy Ivy vaguely recognized but couldn't name.

Vanille had mentioned, in the passing between the end of transfiguration and towards the next class, that she was hoping to scratch an itch. Ivy didn't know what that meant, but neither did she care. Vanille was rather loose with her lips considering they weren't at all close.

There were others amongst the students, her sister, her Death Eater in training friend, James Potter and his goons. She had spotted their group hexing a first year the other day. It had been a funny display of magic, causing the boy to belt out the alphabet whilst dancing atop the tables.

It would have been more amusing if she hadn't been trying to finish her porridge when the little shit had jumped on the table and kicked her breakfast onto her lap. Needless to say, fuck James Potter.

Remus Lupin had been next to him, shaking his head at the actions, but he must have still condoned them considering he didn't use his powers as a perfect to make them stop. Ivy had seen him give detention to all but who most deserved it. She didn't care about their blatant torment of others, but when it affected her, she hated the lot of them. Ivy scoffed, barely realizing that her eyes were searching for Sirius Black until she was visibly appalled that she looked.

She was about to turn away when she saw Vanille pause, removing the arm of her newest side piece from around her shoulders. She watched as Vanille made an immediate turn, walking back towards the castle. Ivy hummed, resting her head against the glass as she watched the crowds of students rush with excitement towards the village. She traced a small series of runes into the condensation of the window.