IVY AND THE MIRRORING OF GRIEF

TEN

𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕗

      IN THE WAKE OF THE EVENTS Ivy thought it prudent to give Bacia a heads up that she was alive

      IN THE WAKE OF THE EVENTS Ivy thought it prudent to give Bacia a heads up that she was alive. In hindsight, she wished she could have rested beforehand, as she almost collapsed in a heap of exhaustion when Bacia wrapped her arms around Ivy, nearly taking the air from her lungs. Bacia pulled back, her hands cradling Ivy's cheeks, moving down to her shoulders, inspecting the uninjured girl. Finally, when she saw that Ivy had splatters of dry blood on her blouse, tiny little things that you'd have to really look to see, Bacia met Ivy's eyes.

       "You've certainly been busy," Bacia said with a relieved sigh. Ivy wet her lips, thinking on her words before she spoke them.

      "I don't suppose you have any Jack?" Ivy asked, watching as Bacia opened the door to her Paris condo wide for Ivy to walk inside. Since leaving Zimbabwe, Ivy had figured Bacia would come back here. It looked the same as when Ivy had purchased it, and she thought as much, up until she walked inside, spotting the giant portrait of a naked woman, sprawled on a fur blanket. Ivy blinked, watching the naked woman roll into the blanket before Ivy's eyes went to Bacia with both brows raised.

      "What?" Bacia said, spotting the portrait. "I value the human body."

      "Do you have any amethyst?" Ivy asked, not bothering to beat around her purpose. With that thought, she walked closer to Bacia's kitchen, which she suspected on one half was food, and on the other were magical ingredients. Ivy walked to the left side, bypassing the island in the middle.

       She bent down, too exhausted to brainstorm any spells, and began to dig through the cabinets the muggle way to grab a cauldron. Bacia watched, leaning her body on the entrance frame of the kitchen. The moonlight peeked in through the open balcony behind her. Other than that, the condo was lit with an orange glow from the fluorescents.

       Ivy heaved the heavy golden cauldron on the island, her muscles straining with the motion. Bacia watched with apt interest, not interrupting her, but she did open her lips to speak. "In the back, behind the vial of coffin nails." A small little glow appeared on one of the cabinets when Bacia waved her finger on it. It was a glow of light, shaped like an arrow. Ivy opened the cabinet, and took out a handful of vials, placing them on the counter.