The Glyphs!

(Requested by @KaijuMaster2099 and @Princess_Orangejuice!)

It had been a few days after the incident with the Silver Solider and the Red Guard, but the encounter gave Luz two ideas, both of which she wanted to act upon.

But she couldn't leave King by himself. And unfortunately, she needed Jean-Luc to come with her and Eda was spending some time with Raine, catching up with them.

So? There was only two people to call.

Willow smiled as she walked around The Owl House, whistling a small tune as she looked under tables and behind chairs. "I'm gonna find you, King!"

King covered his mouth, holding in an evil cackle as he hid in the closet. Hide and seek was probably one of his favorite games. It was one of the perks of being so small. He could practically fit anywhere.

Willow hummed as she looked behind the curtains. "Noooo. You're not here."

King rubbed his hands together, letting his mind do the evil cackling silently.

Then? The closet door opened and Willow cried out, scooping King into her arms. "Found you!"

"No!" King exclaimed. "It was the perfect place!"

"You had me stumped, buddy!" Willow laughed as they walked back out into the living room. "Wanna play again?"

"Eh! Let's play something else!" King smiled before seeing Gus drawing symbols of some kind on his notepad.

"Gus?" Willow asked. "What are you doing?"

"Well, Amity made a new Glyph a week ago, so I'm trying to make a new one too!" Gus said, showing Willow all the footage he had of Luz using spells.

"Oh, yeah!" Willow smiled before looking at King. "Isn't that neat?"

"Yeah!" King giggled. "I still am trying to control my beast power thing."

Gus shrugged. "Maybe you will- OH! OH! Found one! Found one!"

"You did!?" Willow exclaimed.

Gus nodded before drawing the symbol shown when Luz used a spell from the Construction Coven. He then drew another when Luz used an Illusion spell. "AHA!"

"Oooh!" Willow said as she set King down. "So, what do they do?"

"Only one way to find out!" Gus said as he stood, grabbing the glyphs. "We'll make more later...if this works that is..."

Then, the three walked outside and a little deep into the woods so nothing would be destroyed other than Mother Nature.

Willow then grabbed a Construction Glyph and tapped it. And suddenly, a giant pillar made of stone shot out from the glyph, and since it was rock, Willow dropped it out of the Glyph suddenly becoming heavier.

"Stone pillar..." Gus said as he wrote the results down. "Can you make other things?"

"I dunno. We could make ice swords and stuff by focusing on what we wanted the Glyph to look like. Maybe it's the same here?" Willow asked.

King then curiously grabbed an Illusion Glyph and tapped it. It crumbled up into a sudden blue orb of light, which began to take form...as King. A double!

The second King then just waved. "Hello! I'm not real!"

King gasped before his tail began to wag. "YES! YES! AN ARMY!!!" He then gave the Illusion King a hug, but it disappeared. The little demon then sighed, pouting. "Dangit."

"Illusion Glyphs make clones?" Gus asked before humming. "Maybe it also has the same logic as the Ice and Construction Glyphs, where you have to think of what you want it to look like."

Willow hummed a little herself before grabbing a Construction Glyph and tapping it...forming a giant mace? Willow cried out as she tried to hold the mace up, but it fell and smashed into the ground, with Willow trying to lift it back up again.

"COME ON!!! AGGGGHHH!!!" Willow screamed, struggling and gritting her teeth, even slipping on the dirt a little.

Gus snorted. "Willow. It's not gonna budge."

King carefully tapped the spikes of the mace. "Huh! They're not sharp!" He then climbed onto the mace and raised his fist. "I declare this King's Mace!"

"You're really getting into character, huh?" Gus laughed.

King nodded. "I mean, I'm a prince and I'm GONNA be King one day!"

"Are you ever gonna have a partner with ruling?" Willow teased as she finally gave up with trying to lift it.

King hummed before shaking his head. "No! Unless someone happens to be named 'Queen' for some reason."

Gus then bowed before King. "I am at your service, King...King!"

Willow giggled before doing a curtsy. "I am at your service as well!"

King cackled. "YES! YES! ALL HAIL KING...KING." He then blinked. "Eh, let's just go with King Clawthorne."

"Agreed." Willow said before grabbing another Construction Glyph. "I have a feeling these are gonna be helpful if a monster ever shows up!"

"Definitely." Gus said. "But...uhh...we're gonna need muscle."

"Unfortunately." Willow sighed as she set down the Glyph. "Hmmm...maybe I can make a little tower!"

King gasped. "That'd be so cool-! WHOA, WHOA!"

He then fell off the giant mace, but he landed on his feet...which landed on the glyph. Then? The stone pillar shot upwards into the air, with King on top.

King shrieked and clutched to the pillar, shaking and trembling.

Gus gasped, and Willow quickly took action by taking out a Plant Glyph and firing out a vine, which wrapped itself around the pillar.

"Hang on, King!" Willow said as she gripped the vine and pulled on it to test its grip and strength. She then pulled on it more and began to climb up the pillar.

King whimpered and shook before Willow made it to the top.

"Just jump into my arms! It's ok!" Willow said as she held out an open arm.

"B-But what if I fall?!" King whimpered.

"You won't. I promise." Willow reassured.

King then took a deep breath before slowly crawling and climbing over into Willow's arms.

Willow smiled and they began sliding down the pillar like it was a fireman's pole. "See? We're on the ground! Good job! You were very brave."

"I-I was?" King asked, looking at Willow.

Willow nodded.

"Believe me, I don't do well with heights." Gus laughed. "Say goodbye to superhero posing for me."

"Speaking of...we need costumes." Willow said as they began walking back inside. "I know that's weird, but we need those. I feel left out whenever Luz transforms, y'know?"

"I know the feeling!" Gus said before smirking with the Illusion Glyph. "Hmmm...well! Let's imagine one!"