A Blossoming Song

Gwen decided to spend the night that day, with Luz and Vee wanting to explain everything. Mostly because Luz thought she could tell it best.

Eda went to go to an old friend as the two talked. Her mother deserved to spend some time with her grandchildren after all.

And as she drove that evening, her mind wandered a little as she took a backroad, just so she wouldn't end up in a car crash.

"Raine." Eda smiled as she sat down, holding a ukulele close to her chest. "Good to see you, hun."

Raine chuckled as they sat down on the hill, with the sunset forming behind them. They were holding a violin. "Well, it's a date. Did you think I was just going to miss it?"

"Nope!" Eda laughed. "I'm just happy you're here."

Raine smiled, leaning in and kissing her lips briefly before grabbing the bow of their violin. "Ready to play?"

"Raine's Rhapsody." Eda said to herself with a nod.

The two took a deep breath, looked at each other, smiled, and then began to play their instruments to form a rather beautiful melody.

Raine closed their eyes, becoming lost in the music as their light green hair blew in the small breeze.

Eda smiled at that, strumming her fingers across the strings of her ukulele. She stared at Raine for a moment. They looked so peaceful, and they were always able to become lost in the music.

Then, after a beautiful melody...Raine opened their eyes and stared into Eda's beautiful golden ones. "Eda..."

Eda set aside her ukulele and then cupped Raine's face. "C'mere, Rainstorm."

"With pleasure." Raine smiled, kissing her as the sun finally set, and the stars began to twinkle above them, almost to the rhythm of Raine's Rhapsody, the song that Eda had written and played just fort them.

Eda smiled at the memory before parking her car and stepping out of it, going to an all too familiar house. She then went over and knocked on the door.

Raine answered and then smirked. "Well, well, well. If it isn't The Owl Lady."

Eda blushed a tad and rolled her eyes. "I feel a rainstorm brewing."

"You and your silly puns." Raine laughed before opening the door wider. "Wanna come in?"

"Yeah!" Eda said, stepping inside.

"So, what brings you here?" They asked, closing the door behind Eda.

Eda shrugged. "Mom's back in town, and Luz is catching her up on everything that's happened. I wanted to spend some time with you."

Raine felt a blush hit their cheeks before they chuckled. "Ever since I moved back here," They said as they sat down on the couch. "You've been wanting to spend as much time with me as possible. I'm very flattered!"

Eda sat down with him. "Duh. I missed you."

"I missed you too." Raine said before a small amount of silence came in. They then looked at Eda, cheeks red. "Ummm...Eda?"

Eda turned. "Yeah?"

Raine could've sworn that for a few seconds, they saw the young woman they had fallen in love with. Her mischievous smirk, her beautiful and long hair, and the golden eyes that were more gorgeous than the color gold. They cleared their throat. "D-Did...you ever...want to stay together?"

Eda's eyes widened a little and she went silent. She blushed and cleared her throat. "W-Well, I...I..."

She then sighed. "I...I did."

Raine's eyes widened a tad and they scooted a little closer. "You...you did?"

"I dated like 20 guys, girls, and people after we broke up...a lot of them didn't work out or were just one time. I gained friends instead of love, or enemies instead of love." Eda sighed. "None of them were the same as what we had...I loved you, Raine. With all my heart. But I understood why we broke up. It was...painful. To not wake up in the morning and see your face."

Raine held her hand. "To not be able to run my fingers through your hair."

"To not be able to hold your hand." Eda said.

"To not be able to snuggle up with you in bed, not having a care in this world." Raine whispered.

Eda looked at Raine, her eyes filled with some kind of familiar emotion that she couldn't quite make out yet. "To not be able to kiss you..."

"To not be able to hear the words 'I love you' in person." Raine said before beginning to unconsciously lean in.

Eda did the same. She didn't even notice what she was doing. All she could see was Raine's eyes. "A...And ever since you came back...I...I feel like..."

"That we were never apart to begin with?" Raine asked.

Eda nodded before her emotions got the best of her. She cupped Raine's face...and kissed them.

Raine's eyes widened and their face became as hot as the surface of the very sun...but Eda's kiss was always so enchanting. They wrapped their arms around her waist, pulling her closing and returning the kiss.

Eda let her eyes remain shut as her body relaxed, her muscles losing their tension as she wrapped her arms around Raine's neck.

The two kissed for a long while, parting for brief moments of air before going right back to kissing. The kiss got slightly...intense before they parted.

"A-And you say you're 42...?" Raine chuckled with a blush. "You still have one helluva kiss."

"Why thank you." Eda chuckled before her blush increased. "So...does this...make us...?"

"Together again?" Raine asked before holding Eda closer. "Y-Yes...I'd say so."

Eda felt her heart grow and grow and grow before it melted into a giant puddle of goop and she kissed Raine again, causing them to fall onto the couch.

Raine was a little shocked, but they didn't at all mind, wrapping their arms tightly around Eda's waist again.

Eda unknowingly got on top of Raine, increasing the passion of the kiss before parting and smirking. "How was that, hun?~"

Raine's blush increased and they grabbed a pillow, wanting to hide their face.

"Ah, c'mon, Raine. You know I like to tease you~" Eda chuckled. "Is Hunter still awake?"

"No...he shouldn't be. Why?" Raine asked, tilting their head.

Eda smirked and raised her eyebrows up and down, trying to give their former and now new lover a hint.

Raine was confused before their eyes widened. "OH! OH! You want to...?"

"Only if you wanna~"

Raine blushed even more before looking from side to side. "W-Wow...getting back together...y-you really did miss me~"

"I'll take your tone as a yes~" Eda said before suddenly being scooped into Raine's arms. She smiled, nuzzling her face into the crook of Raine's neck.

"Don't get too comfortable yet, my dear~" Raine whispered before walking up the stairs, carrying Eda in their arms as if they had just brought her home as their bride.