The Story of Vee

(Today's gonna be a double upload!)

After sending Kikimora to The Boiling Isles to be arrested by King's father, Luz knew what she had to do. Introduce her new Basilisk buddy to her mother, her son, Jean-Luc, Hunter, and Raine.

"And here we are!" Luz smiled, holding Vee's hand as she helped her over to The Owl House. "This is where I live."

"Whoa...it looks so...nice." Vee said, smiling slightly. She could already feel the coziness and warmth from inside the house, and she wasn't even in it yet.

"Now, I'm gonna let Mom and everyone know that you're here. Ok?" Luz asked. "Just stay right by the door."

Vee became a little scared and nodded, hugging herself. "I...I...ummm...ok."

"Do...you not wanna be alone?" Luz asked, her eyes softening.

"N...No." Vee whispered.

"Hmmm...alright." Luz smiled before offering her hand out. Vee took her hand and then Luz opened the door. "Mom! Can I talk to you?"

There was the sound of footsteps before Eda and Raine came down the stairs. "What's up, kiddo?"

"What are you holding, Luz?" Raine asked curiously.

Luz took a deep breath. "So...remember that Belos had a tiny little advisor?"

"Kikishora?" Raine asked. "No, no, Hunter said it was Kikiflora."

Eda snorted. "That aside, yes, we do. Why?"

"Well...she kinda came back. I found her with two monsters of some kind. They were attacking an innocent person from my world. I took them down though!"

"What about the person they were chasing?" Raine asked, their paternal instincts kicking in.

Luz smiled softly before turning to Vee, who hadn't been seen completely by Eda and Raine. "Come on, it's ok. They don't bite."

Vee then slowly slithered over into view, holding Luz's hand. She then gave a nervous smile and wave. "H-Hi...I-I'm Vee."

Eda gasped and Raine was left a little shocked. But not by Vee's appearance, more by the fact there was a cold and probably hurt and hungry creature standing at the door.

"Oh, you poor little thing." Raine said, walking over. "Hunter's told me that Kikiflora is a TERRIBLE person. Are you hurt?" They asked, looking over Vee and kneeling down.

Vee herself became shocked at the kind gesture. She slowly shook her head. "N-No, I'm ok. J-Just a little cold."

Eda looked at Luz and nodded before walking over as well. "Come on, let's get you inside to warm up."

Vee gasped softly before looking at Luz, who just smiled. She then slithered inside, with Raine grabbing a blanket from the couch and wrapping it around her. Vee smiled and let out a little purring noise, cuddling in the blanket.

"There we go." Raine said with a soft smile before chuckling. "Your hair's a mess."

"I-I don't really have a brush." Vee giggled.

Eda then came over, smiling softly. "So, if you're comfortable, mind telling us why Kiki was after you?"

Vee nodded. It was the least she could do.

Luz then smiled and sat down. "Whenever you're ready!"

"I-I'm not used to such nice people." Vee giggled nervously before speaking. "I...I'm a Basilisk. We're an extinct species back in The Demon Realm...but a few of my kind was saved. 7 Basilisk to be precise...but I honestly wish we weren't saved...the person who brought us from going extinct is an evil man named Emperor Belos."

Eda clenched her fists, and Luz just growled at the name, thankful the monster was dead.

"Sorry, we have a...personal history with him." Eda said. "Keep going."

Vee nodded again. "He wanted to know how we drained magic, and wanted to make us living weapons. Brainwash us once they learned how we did what we did...but Belos never figured it out, and then? I heard...he was killed. The rest of my kind was freed...except for two. Number 6 and Number 5...AKA me."

She took a deep breath. "After her master's death, Kiki wanted to continue the experiments. She managed to turn Number 6 into some kind of raging monster. I barely escaped and tried to hide as someone who could scare them away! So...once I escaped through the portal in town? I shapeshifted with the little magic I had drained and turned into...well, Luz."

Luz smiled. "If it means anything, you looked very convincing!"

"You're not mad?" Vee asked.

"Nah! Ever since I met an evil doppelgänger a while back, I honestly see why they say 'imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery'." She joked.

Eda snorted a little before facing Vee. "And then Luz saved you?"

Vee nodded with a smile. "She did...n-now, I'm free! After s-so long in c-chains..."

Raine's heart clenched and they gently held Vee's hand. "Yes. Yes, you're free." They said with a soft smile.

Vee nodded one more time. "A-And...Luz said I could stay here for a while? I-If it's not too m-much trouble! I-It'll only be for a-"

"Vee, you can stay here for as long as you'd like." Eda said before chuckling. "What's adopting one more kid, huh?"

Raine laughed. "A little too soon for that, Owl Lady. Plus, we're not married-" They then blushed. "U-Umm...nevermind. But yes, you can stay here for as long as you'd like."

"You don't live here." Luz laughed.

Raine chuckled. "Me and Hunter come over so much, we practically do."

Vee's eyes began to water and she suddenly hugged both Eda and Raine, the blanket falling off her back.

Luz tried her absolute hardest not to squeal, clasping her hands together. "Awwwww!"

"Okay, got my nap." Hunter said with a yawn as he walked down the stairs, but then saw what was going on. He blinked. "...what the fu-"

"Language!" Raine exclaimed.