Motherly Ways

(Requested by @Eris345)

It only recently occurred to Amity of how young a mother Luz technically was. Her relationship with King started as owner and pet, but evolved into mother and son. But even then, King was always treated as a child rather than a pet.

And she loved to admit it. She had grown very fond of the little prince of demons, and would often spend time with him. She didn't want to force herself in King's life just because she was dating his mother. She genuinely liked being around him.

So one day, while Eda went out for a coffee 'date' with Raine, Luz had to leave as well to teach Hunter more about being a hero. Willow and Gus were busy, so King was left to spend the day with Amity Blight herself.

"I'm bored." King said as he just sat upside down on the couch.

Amity was ALSO sitting upside down, mindlessly changing the channels on the TV. "Yeah, I am too." She then shut off the TV, facing King. "Is there anything you wanna do?"

"Well...ummm..." King tapped his claws together a little nervously. "There is this one thing I always wanted to do, but Mom gets nervous whenever I bring it up. She's protective."

Amity tilted her head. "What did you wanna do?"

"I wanted to go to the park. I'm always stuck here or in The Boiling Isles." King said with a pout. "We have parks back at The Boiling Isles, but I wanna see what a human park looks like!"

Amity then sat up, and helped King sit up as well. "And I take it Luz gets too scared of any humans finding you?"

King nodded. "But I wanna go! At least once!"

Amity hummed for a while...before it hit her. She then grabbed her phone and started rapidly pressing the keyboard. A few seconds passed, and then she began typing again. Then, wash, rinse, and repeat.

King tilted his little head. "What are you doing...?"

"Well...who said you couldn't go to the park when no one's around?" Amity asked with a soft smile.

King blinked before his eyes widened. "W-Wait...so I can go?!"

"I convinced your mom to let you go during nighttime, and I'll be there with you." Amity said before gesturing to the sun beginning to set. "And it's a bit of a drive...soooo."

King began to squeal before he hopped into Amity's lap and hugged her tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"

Amity was a bit surprised before she smiled and hugged back. "You're welcome, King. Ready to go?"

King's tail began to wag so fast, it became a blur. "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!"

Amity then scooped King into her arms and then began to walk out the door. "Then off we go!"

King cheered, raising his arms into the air as they walked out the door and into Amity's car...also, yes. She got a car. Her legs started to hurt after walking from place to place for so long.

At the park, the stars and clouds lived in harmony at the night sky. The stars twinkled, and the soft and fluffy night clouds just passed by them.

King then rubbed his eyes, looking around at the park. "I can see it! But it's really dark..." He said, looking up at Amity.

Amity smiled before gently setting King down and walking towards the park. She then reached into her pocket and pulled out the glove from the suit her father made for her yesterday.

King couldn't really see what she was holding before Amity put on the glove and then closed her hand.

When she opened it again, a light orb floated from it. She did it multiple times before there was enough light spells to fill the park, lighting it up just enough for King to see it all.

King's jaw dropped before he walked around on the woodchip filled ground of the park. He then saw the giant slides, ladders, swings, and all kinds of things that spun around or he could walk across.

Amity then smiled at King, kneeling down as she took off the glove and then put it back in her bag. "Have fun."

King began to squeal before hugging Amity tightly and then running up the stairs to the slide and swooping down the slide. He cheered as he went down, before running up the stairs again and doing the same.

Amity just sat down on a bench, watching the little demon play around and also admiring the fact that she was able to make such a beautiful sight with just a few light spells.

King then slid down the slide one last time before running across the shaking bridge that lead to the monkey bars. He tried to jump, but he was far too small. King pouted a little before a pair of hands lifted him up until he was able to grab the monkey bars.

It was Amity, who was smiling softly. "Need help?"

King giggled and nodded before he began climbing across the monkey bars (with Amity's help of course), and before he knew it, he was at the end. King then hopped onto the woodchip filled ground again before going over to the swings.

Amity just followed before helping the little demon onto the swingset and getting behind him. "Want a push?"

King shook his head. "I can do it!" He then tried to push himself...but he almost faceplanted because of the bigger swing he was on. He then faced Amity. "Uhhh, can I get a lower swing?"

Amity nodded, helping King off and putting him on the smaller swing. King then kicked his legs back and began to swing through the air. He cheered again, letting out adorable noises of joy and laughter. And Amity watched, making sure King wouldn't fall off.

After a few minutes, King stopped kicking his legs, but he was still swinging. He laughed. "Uhhh, help?"

Amity felt like she was now unable to stop smiling and she helped King stop, scooping him into her arms.

King had a gigantic smile across his face before he yawned and rested his head on Amity's shoulder.

"Tired?" Amity asked.

King nodded, letting out a sleepy murmur.

Amity just smiled one more time before heading back towards the car. "Let's go home."