The Basilisk

(Requested by @another_fanfic_kid and @DiegoAlva76)

After Hunter successfully took down the Abomination monster, and after Luz and Amity's sick days were numbered, it was time for a meeting...and a gift.

Luz then cleared her throat. "So! You're probably wondering why I called you out here today!"

Willow nodded. "Yeahhhh. Speaking of, does it have something to do with that weird looking tarp on the table?"

Luz turned around and saw the tarp she had placed on the table, which was hiding something very special. "Yes."

"Well! Now I'm curious!" Gus said.

Amity then smiled. "Show us, honey!"

Luz smiled before grabbing ahold of the tarp and pulling it off...to reveal three logs of blue and green wood. Palistrom Wood.

Amity, Willow, and Gus blinked. They then looked at each other and then at Luz.

"Random pieces of wood?" Gus asked.

Luz snorted. "No, not just random pieces of wood. This is Palistrom Wood! I figured since you're all learning more and more Glyphs everyday, you'd wanna have one more addition to being a witch! Your own Palisman and Witch's staff!"

The trio gasped before each grabbing their own logs of Palistrom Wood.

Gus knocked on it. "Ohh, I knew that Wood Carving class would come in handy one day!"

"This is awesome, Luz!" Amity smiled.

Luz giggled and bowed. "Anything for m'lady!"

Willow just playfully rolled her eyes, even though she found Luz and Amity absolutely adorable.

"And there's one more surprise!" Luz smiled.

Gus tilted his head. "What is it?"

Luz then turned on her heel and called out. "Come on out, Hunter!"

Hunter then stepped out from the shadows, wearing his new hero attire. He then took off his mask. "Hello new teammates-"

"IT'S THE GOLDEN GUARD!" Willow and Gus shrieked.

"GET HIM!!!!" Amity growled as she summoned a club from an Abomination Glyph.

Hunter screamed and tried to run, but he was tackled by Willow, Gus, and Amity. "OW! OW! OW!!! AGH! OOF! I DON'T DESERVE- AGHHHH!!! MY BALLS-"

After Hunter was beat up, Luz decided to call it a day. Especially since Willow used a lot of her new Healing Glyphs to help Hunter. Amity WAS still a little suspicious around him, due to him possessing her father.

However, she was more accepting of him after hearing his story, but Hunter definitely needed to earn her trust.

"Well. That could've gone better." Hunter said as he watched Luz's friends and girlfriend leave with their Palistrom Wood.

"I think it went better than it did in my head!" Luz laughed.

Hunter narrowed his eyes at Luz. "On a normal day, I'd push you...but I can't feel my left arm just yet...or my balls...your girlfriend really likes attacking there..."

Luz chuckled nervously. "Yeahhhh...sorry about that."

Hunter sighed. "Yeah, yeah...can I go rest on your bed? Moddy's over here with your mom, so I'm gonna be here a bit."

"Help yourself! I'm gonna go for a fly. I feel energized after my sick days!" Luz smiled.

Hunter gave a thumbs up and then headed back inside.