Prom (Rebekah Mikaelson)

Summary: Y/N and Rebekah have been dating for a while since the Mikaelsons came to town. Y/N knows her girlfriend's dream is a perfect human prom moment, and she's determined to do whatever it takes to give it to her.

****************

I bounced my leg up and down nervously as I waited on the empty bench of the Mystic Falls high school football field. The marching band was getting ready on the field not far behind me, and the jumbotron was ready and cued to light up. I'd planned everything down to a t, and yet, I was still nervous.

I guess that's just what happened when you asked your girlfriend to prom. Especially when that girlfriend was a thousand-year-old Original vampire.

Rebekah and I had been dating for a little over a month. We'd gotten together a little while after she'd come to town, and we'd had a strong relationship despite all the trouble she and her family had brought to Mystic Falls. In the lead up to prom, we'd been on a date at the Grill when she let it slip how badly she'd always wanted the human high school dance experience. After everything that had happened to her before homecoming, I'd decided to make it my mission to give her the perfect prom.

Unfortunately, that also equated to a lot of pressure. I'd been planning the promposal alone for over a week, and now, all I could do while waiting for Beks was worry about all the different things that could go wrong.

At last, I was spared from my worries when my girlfriend came into view.

"Y/N?" she called across the field as she strutted towards me. "What's going on? Why did you want to meet me out in the middle of this field?"

I stood up with a grin, my hands shaking but the nerves now mostly faded to excitement. On cue, the band started playing behind me as Rebekah came to a stop in front of me, both of us standing at centerfield.

"Rebekah Mikaelson. You are one of the best people I've met in my entire life. And I know my eighteen years of life might not be a long time for you, but for me, it's been my everything. You're the biggest bright spot, Beks." Rebekah's hands had shot to her mouth as I'd started my speech, and I could see a few tears welling up in her eyes. She gasped and looked behind me, and I grinned. That must mean the jumbotron had lit up on cue, reading:

Bekah, will you give me a win and go to prom with me?

I let her have a few moments to take everything in as the marching band played the last notes of our song, then I spoke up again.

"So, how about it?" I asked, my heart absolutely hammering in my chest. "Will you be my date to prom?"

"Y/N..." she said, her voice breaking a little as she stared at the scene before her. Finally, her eyes refocused on me and I could practically see the love pouring out of them. "I would absolutely love to go to prom with you."

I grinned, and the next thing I knew, Rebekah had lifted me off the ground in a super-vamp hug. I laughed, and when she set me down, we were both grinning like fools. I wasted no time in kissing her, hard. We stayed like that for a while, but when we finally broke apart, Rebekah suddenly looked much more serious.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Had something managed to go wrong despite my meticulous planning?

"Absolutely nothing!" she said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "But I need to start looking for a dress. And you do, too, especially if we want our outfits to match. Which, of course we do!"

I just smiled. Everything was going according to plan. Rebekah could deal with the crazy dance logistics while I made sure nothing—nothingwould ruin our night.