A New Lab (Elijah Mikaelson)

Requested by im-idiot00 here on Wattpad!

Summary: Y/N is Tony Stark's daughter, and has been dating Elijah Mikaelson for a little over a year and a half. She's been home visiting her family for a few weeks, and even though she loves spending time with them, she seriously missed her boyfriend. Unfortunately for her, she's got a big project due for her mechanics class, and the only place that's got a lab where she can work on it is her college, meaning even more time away from Elijah. Elijah, thankfully, is a smart, determined man, and decides he's going to do something to fix that.

****************

BEEP BEE-

My hand shot out and slammed into my phone, quickly silencing the alarm. I glanced over at my boyfriend, Elijah Mikaelson, but by some miracle he was still asleep next to me.

I sighed, then set down my phone and carefully slid out of bed. I tiptoed to the closet, and still, Elijah stayed asleep.

Thank goodness. Sometimes that vampire hearing made it impossible to be considerate if I wanted to wake up any earlier than my boyfriend.

I'd been gone for two weeks, visiting my family in New York, and I'd gotten home late yesterday afternoon. Elijah and I had spent the entire evening together, talking and laughing about all the new insanity I'd witnessed from my family (which was in no short supply, since I was a Stark), and then we'd had a nice, romantic night together after being apart for so long. Now, though, I had to get going. I had a big lab project due in just under a week for one of my engineering classes, and I hadn't even started it.

I managed to get dressed and get out of the room without waking Elijah, by some miracle. I got downstairs and decided to make a quick breakfast before going to my university to get some work done. I opened the fridge to pull out a few eggs, and when I shut it, Elijah was standing there staring at me.

"Shit!" I yelled, jumping and dropping the eggs in my hand. Elijah, with the help of his superspeed, caught them and handed them to me with a smile. "A year and a half we've been dating and I'm still not used to that."

"It must be your genetic superhero reflexes keeping you on edge," he said. I just scoffed and shook my head.

"Uh huh, I'm sure that's it."

I caught Elijah smiling out of the corner of my eye as I started cooking over the stove. He crossed the kitchen to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Why are you up so early, my love?" he asked. "Don't tell me you're trying to sneak out after spending the night together?"

I laughed. "If I'd wanted to do that, I would've done it sometime before the one year mark."

"Fair enough. Still, I thought you'd want to have a nice, restful morning in bed after all the excitement back home."

"I do, Eli. So bad. But I still have to do my mechanics project. I wanted to do it while I was home, but I got caught up with family and Stark Industries stuff."

"I can imagine that could be quite a distraction. Still, why don't you work on your project here?"

"I need a lab," I said, shaking my head ruefully. "I just don't have the space or facilities here to do what I need to do. My college does, although it's not quite as good as what I've got back home."

Elijah took step back as I finished cooking and put my eggs on a plate. He looked thoughtful as I sat down at the kitchen countertop, and I stared at him as I took my first few bites. Then, when he didn't say anything, I spoke up instead.