The Calm One (Elijah Mikaelson)

Request (from Tumblr): Hey can you do a elijah mikaelson x reader wife who is witch and vampire and where instead of elijah it is she who kills agnes and everyone is both shocked and impressed because she is usually very calm...

****************

"Let's get her outside, it might help her cool down," I said, trying to keep from panicking as I started heading for the backyard. Hayley Marshall was burning up, her temperature spiking with her pain. The witch Sophie Deveraux had been linked to Hayley, and her coven of witches was trying to use that link to kill Nik and Hayley's child. My niece.

They were not going to succeed, if I had anything to say about it.

My husband, Elijah, picked up Hayley and headed outside, Rebekah, Sophie, and I following in his wake. Elijah set Hayley by the edge of the pool as we got outside, then removed his suit jacket and shoes as Rebekah tended to Hayley. Sophie started mixing a concoction of herbs, and I joined her at the table to help. I was a heretic, and magic seemed to be the only way I could contribute something at the moment. The herbs would help with her temperature, but it wouldn't stop the curse slowly making its way to the baby.

There was really nothing we could do.

I forced down the rising panic as well as I could. Freaking out wouldn't do anything to help Hayley, and I was a centuries-old heretic. I would not lose my cool.

"She's burning up," said Elijah, tossing his jacket and heading towards the pool. "We need to do this now."

"Get her in the water," ordered Sophie. I helped her finish up her potion as Elijah jumped into the pool and scooped up Hayley.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help," called Rebekah.

"Her temperature is sky high, and the water, with the help of the herbs, should cool her down," Sophie explained. I was laser-focused on the herbs, and I put the finishing touches on the concoction as Sophie finished answering Rebekah. Sophie took the cup and waded into the water, and I went in straight after her.

"Drink this," said Sophie, passing the cup to Hayley. I came up behind her and Elijah, putting a soothing hand on my husband's back. I could tell he was just as stressed as I was. "You're gonna have to get her heart rate down."

"And how do you suggest I do that?" asked Elijah. He helped Hayley drink, and I continued to hover over his shoulder.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure."

Elijah didn't hesitate before scooping Hayley back into his arms in the pool. I walked around to stand in front of them, putting a hand on Hayley's shoulder and one on her knee.

"I can help too," I said, closing my eyes and trying to concentrate. I was going to try to use magic to calm Hayley's emotions—and her heartbeat with it—and to take some of the pain she was feeling.

"This is never gonna work," Rebekah said from the edge of the pool. I was starting to agree with her, but I couldn't let myself feel that hopeless.

"Davina will break the link," said Elijah confidently. "We just need time."

Unfortunately, time was the one thing we didn't have.

I took deep breaths and tried to connect with Hayley. I focused on her heartbeat, and the heartbeat of her child—my niece—and thought about slowing things down. It was working, but only slightly, and it wasn't going to be enough to stop the magic that was killing the baby.

"Come on Davina," I muttered under my breath. "Come on."

"Oh, I can't breathe," Hayley gasped, wiggling around in Elijah's arms. She was starting to panic.