Diplomacy (Elijah Mikaelson)

Prompt: "Yes I did, what about it?"

Summary: Y/N has been dating Elijah Mikaelson for a while, and knows about the world of the supernatural. She's been handling everything just fine, but when a Disney movie marathon with her boyfriend gets interrupted by more ridiculous drama, she decides to take things into her own hands.

Day seven of Fictober on Tumblr.

****************

"Alright 'Lij, heads or tails?"

"Mm... heads."

I flipped the coin in my hand and watched as it flew through the air. I caught it in my palm and flipped it over onto the back of my other, revealing an eagle on the back of our quarter.

"Ha! I win! Disney movies it is." I grinned as I walked past my boyfriend and towards the couch. He was smiling too, and he didn't look that upset about losing.

"Am I correct in assuming that this will be a sing-along as well?" he asked, his eyes dancing with amusement as he came around the couch to sit next to me.

"Oh, of course. And you don't have to participate, but it would be very cool of you if you did."

Elijah grinned and started to respond, but he was interrupted by his brother, Klaus, storming into the room.

"Elijah, we have a problem."

"What is it, brother? And can it wait?" asked Elijah, sounding irritated. I was irritated too, since some crisis or family emergency or other always seemed to interrupt us.

"It can't wait. The witches are getting restless again, and the werewolves refuse to recognize any of the decisions we've made without all parties present," Klaus growled.

"Well it seems like a pretty easy solution then, isn't it? Just get them all together to talk it out?" I said, glancing between the two brothers from my position near the TV, still holding the DVD for The Princess and the Frog in my hands.

"It's not that simple," said Elijah to me before turning back to his brother. I put my hands on my hips. I'd met people from all of the factions, and it sure seemed that easy to me.

"Niklaus, if you're sure there's no way for you to handle this on your own?"

Klaus raised and eyebrow and crossed his arms, the closest he was going to get to admitting he needed his brother's help.

"Then you go talk to the werewolves. I'll see if I can work something out with the witches."

"Good. Sorry to interrupt your date, Y/N." Klaus waved as he headed back out of the room, but I just shook my head. Elijah closed the distance between us, taking my hands and placing a light kiss on them.

"I'm so sorry to run out on you like this. I promise you I will make it up to you."

"Elijah, I'm not mad about that. I understand that there's a lot of crazy shit you have to deal with in this town. But I seriously think you're overcomplicating the problem, with all this running around and striking deals with one faction behind another's back and whatnot."

"There's a lot of history to this city and these problems that you don't understand," said Elijah. "Believe me, if there were a simpler solution, I would gladly take it."

I wanted to keep arguing, but Elijah leaned in for a kiss and then super-sped out the door before I got the chance. I let out a huffy breath as I looked around the now-empty room. I could always just have a Disney movie marathon on my own, since the movies were good no matter what. But then nothing would change. Stupid problems like this would keep coming up, throwing off my day forever.