Karaoke

--Jade's POV--

We finally arrived at this new karaoke place. I pull into an empty spot near the entrance and turn the Fury off. Tori and I grab our stuff out of the back and head in. Cat and Andre are already here. Thank God Tori and I won't be alone with Beck. I think I would murder him if the others weren't here.

We all head over to a table near a stage and take a seat. A waitress comes over and asks us what we want to drink. I order a sprite, and I hear Tori order the same.

"So, why are we meeting you guys here?" Andre asks.

Tori speaks up.

"The three of us are doing a short film for our project and we need two more people. I thought you two would be perfect. What do you say?" We both look at them expectantly. 

Cat and Andre sit there for a moment. They both nod.

"Sure thing, chica. We in." Andre answers with a big smile.

Soon enough, the waitress returns with all our drinks. I notice her eying Beck. It doesn't phase me at all. She takes our food orders all while paying a little too much attention to Beck, though his attention seems to be more on the girl next to me. I glare at him and he returns his gaze to the blonde taking his order. She smiles and walks away.

I take a sip of my Sprite, and my attention goes back to the brunette sitting next to me. I catch her looking at me. After a couple of seconds, she looks back at me and smiles. Under the table, I place my hand on her thigh and smirk. A moment goes by, and then we are rudely interrupted by Beck.

"You guys up for some karaoke?"

"I thought we just came here for wings," Andre replies.

"After our food comes, who's up for it?"

"Me!" Cat says, a little too enthusiastically.

"Alright." Andre takes a sip of his drink.

The three of them expectantly look at Tori and I. We look at each other.

"Sure." We say in unison.

"Tori and I can go first." I say and get up.

Tori follows me to the MC. I pick out one of my favorite songs. This is gonna be fun.

—\/—

We get up to the stage with our microphones and get introduced to the crowd. They all cheer.

The music starts and Tori and I look at each other, holding the mics to our mouths.

We began singing, our voices sounding perfect and our harmonies near perfect. As we kept singing I noticed quite a few guys in the crowd including Beck ogling Tori. But I keep performing even though I want to gouge all their eyes out.

We keep singing till the song ends and Tori holds the final note. Everyone cheers and claps as we bow. Tori and I hug before leaving the sage and returning the mics to the MC.

We head back to the table. Everyone claps, then Beck and Cat head up to the MC. They end up singing a romantic duet together which doesn't surprise me. I grumble a lot, but once Tori notices she puts her hand on my knee and starts to rub circles with her thumb, calming me down. I'm glad to have her.

My GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara