(9) Night Time Visit

I wait still laying on the sofa, Nicholas insisted on going alone. He said he would do the hunt and bring me back what I need.

I'm not sure if I really crave blood or maybe just crave some alone time. Ryan tried calling, as did Olivia. Not sure about what to say to either of them I decided to turn my phone off completely. All I want to do is curl up in bed with a full stomach and forget about everything for a little while.

I bury my head into a cushion, trying to think of nothing. My body begins to feel light as everything begins to slip out of my mind, I'm soon to be welcomed in the dream world.

"Don't fall asleep, I've got what you wanted now join me in the kitchen!" Nicholas muttered loudly, I didn't hear him come in. It seems he is getting better at sneaking around silently.

In high speed I'm stood beside him. He has several sports bottles filled with the red liquid. He passes me one as he tucks the other five far back in the fridge. Stocking up on blood, good thinking old man.

As soon as the majestic liquid touches my lips, my whole body feels alive and my mind awakens making me feel every movement of the finery trickling down my throat. I pull the bottle from my lips savouring the electric flavour, this is one of the best things I have grown to love. This time I'm not feeling guilty because I'm not the one who killed the beast.

"You better hurry and drink up, you will have guests any minute now," Nicholas grimly announces, before I am able to ask who or why he disappears upstairs, typical.

I really don't want guests, once again it seems I will have to put a smile on my face until I can be alone again. Pushing the annoyance to the back of my mind I decide to drink the entire contents of the bottle, and oh how I adore each gulp of the thick quenching liquid.

As I'm putting the bottle in the dishwater, I hear my so called guests knocking at the front door.

Opening the door I'm welcomed by Ryan, Marcus and Olivia. Olivia automatically bounces on me, hugging me whilst dragging through into my living room, Marcus follows whilst Ryan shuts the front door and then joins us in the living room.

"We thought you'd like some company, and we well I figured why you've been actin a little funny today we thought you'd need all the support you can get at a time like this!" Olivia chirps whilst flopping down on the sofa.

"Why do I need support at a time like this?" I ask feeling slightly confused.

"Because you can't do this alone!" She laughs awkwardly, is she talking about me turning into a vampire?

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I tell her as I sit with Ryan on the opposite sofa that Olivia is on.

"You know the anniversary of your parents marriage and stuff," Marcus peaks up suddenly making me aware that he was here.

Is that this week? I look at the calender hanging feebly on the kitchen door, so it is. Unlike last year or the year before I feel no grief dangling itself over me.

"Ohh yeah that's it, I didn't know you guys knew," I pretend to act dumb. Ryan looks at me with disbelief, he of all people knows when I'm lying, I just hope he doesn't force it out of me because how can I simply tell them all that they were doing my head in, and I needed to be alone.

"Don't worry Olivia and Marcus won't be here long, so we can have the night together, and you can talk to me about stuff," Ryan smiles walking towards me, I let myself be held by him. Chills travel down my spine as he plants a singular kiss on the side of my neck.

I like the idea of being alone with Ryan, but to talk about stuff seems daunting. Just for him to close up on me, and me feeling frustrated, is it worth the alone time?