(13) Order In

Olivia is mortified and annoyed with Tina, and told me that whilst I was in vamp mode for the week off that Tina had been trying to get Ryan's attention. She even turned up at their small gathering for his birthday. This instantly annoyed me, Tina hates me and still loves Ryan.  I'm not sure what I'm more annoyed at, the fact that Tina is still pulling tricks or that I am just learning this information now. 

I'm sat at lunch with Olivia, Maths was okay but History was better afterwards. I've always liked history, he set us homework though about the Greeks, we have to do as much research as possible, but I figure I could ask Nicholas, assuming that he was around then. But known him, he would make me work for the information. 

We are waiting on Ryan and his friends. Marcus is already here sitting opposite me with Olivia, they are engaged in a hushed conversation, which of course I can hear every word of. They are having some trust issues apparently. Probably not a good move after them adding sex into their equation of love. 

I sit fidgeting with some random piece of paper whilst waiting for Ryan. Looking at the double doors of the refectory I see Tina, she's beaming as always. She strangely enough blows me a kiss, and I roll my eyes. Everything about  her annoys me instantly.

"What the fuck is her problem?" Olivia spits.

"I'm not sure," I sigh.

"That girl has got something up her sleeve, a snake if I ever saw one!" 

"Definitely a snake," I agree.

"Whose a snake?" Ryan appeared taking the seat next to me.

"Who do you think?" Marcus chimes in.

Ryan just grunts, I face towards him and he smiles. I take his hand under the table and squeeze it, he pulls my chair closer to his and wraps his arms around me. Resting my head on his shoulder I allow my bad mood wipe away. 

"I'm going up for food, are you coming?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I tell him, remembering my drink.

"You have to eat something, aren't you hungry?" He pulls away holding me by my shoulders.

"I'm fine honestly, you should go up before the queue gets any bigger!" I smile, he finally leaves to go to the queue with Marcus and I pull out my sports bottle.

Sitting back in my seat I take a big drink, it quenches my thirst. Closing the cap I notice Olivia staring at me. It is exactly what she thinks it is, she doesn't ask and I don't mention it either. It tastes  so good though, thick and smooth. 

By the time Ryan and Marcus get back with their food, I drink half of the bottle and put it back in my bag, the last thing I need is someone tasting what is in there. I don't see any of them after lunch, I have in different lessons and my bad mood begins to sink back as the end of the near comes near. As soon as the bell buzzes through the classrooms I leave, not waiting on my friends I head straight home. 

"How was your day at school", Nicholas surprises me.

"It's been okay," I reply sinking onto the sofa.

"Been hungry?" He asks pulling out the empty sports bottle from my bag that I so kindly dumped in the sitting room doorway.

"A bit," I  grin at him.

I felt so tired and worn out, a nap would have been a dream right about there, but like a dream it was so out of reach.

"Let's try something new!" He exclaims holding the house phone in his hands, he dialed numbers quickly with his forefinger.

I shrug not caring much, my phone vibrates in my pocket. It's Ryan, I take his call into my room.

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you much today," He talks immediately.

"Hiya, yeah I wasn't feeling so good so I just left," I tell him, I'm still feeling salty about him not telling me about Tina antics.

"Do you want me to come over? I can make you feel ten times as better," I cam hear him grinning, and I allow myself to fall backwards on my bed.

"Nah, it's okay, thank you though. I'm going to have some food, a bath and start on the history assignment, we can hang out tomorrow though if you want?" Even though I'm mad, I still want to see him, just not tonight.

"Fair one, erm yeah we both finish early tomorrow right? I'll arrange something for us to do."

"Cool." I can barely be bothered to talk, and that alone makes me feel guilty.

"Crsytal, we are okay though? Me and you? I'd hate to know I made you mad or something," his tone is soft and sweet, and in this moment all I want to do is cuddle him.

"Yeah we are good," I tell him.

"Okay, good, talk tomorrow dick face," he jokes

"Says you, byee," I hung up dropping my phone to my bed. 

Nothing majorly bad happened today, but I feel awful. Gloomy and just ready to curl up in bed for the rest of the night. My stomach grumbles and on cue Nicholas calls me through to the living area.

"Food is on it's way," He smiles sympathetically.

I nod at him and return to my spot on the sofa. He sits next to me, he goes to say something but decides not to. We sit in a silence that is less than comfortable. He finally stands and stalks across the room towards the record player, he flicks through my collection before placing one under the needle. 

He stands in front of me, gesturing for my hand and I reluctantly give him it. He pulls me up from the sofa, Frank Sinatra fills the room and Nicholas starts twirling me around the living room. I laugh uncontrollably as he spins me and dances in the most camp manor I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. 

I feel overwhelmed when the bleating of the doorbell breaks us up, I return to the sofa giddy. Hushed voices come from the hallway and Nicholas reenters the living room but not alone. 

"Food is here." He announces, moving aside he reveals a guy about the same age as me.

Standing as still as a statue emotionless. Holding nothing, he is almost frozen. I look from the guy to Nicholas who nods grinning at me.

***

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter :) -Lauren