(12) Back to School

Ryan gently shakes me awake, I look up to him smiling down at me.

"Good morning sleepy head," He smiles.

"What time is it?" I notice the dark sky through the barely shut curtains behind his head.

"It's only about half five, I thought I'd ought to wake you up so you can see me out."

"You're leaving?" I sit up.

"Yeah I have to go home, shower and stuff get ready for school." Ugh school, I had completely forgotten about it.

"Okay," I agree walking him to the front door. He stops before reaching for the door.

"I'll see you later baby," He almost hums before pressing his lips against mine. I want to pull him into me and kiss him harder than I have ever kissed, but he pulls away grinning at me. He leaves, shutting the front door I begin to miss him instantly. I always miss Ryan, last night was incredible. I'm still not sure what we are though, are we dating or am I his girlfriend yet?

I yawn as I head back to my room, another hours sleep or so will do me no harm.

"Wake up you're late!" Nicholas' growl wakes me up.

"I only went back to sleep for an hour," I groan.

"Try three!" He corrects me, he leaves me my room to get ready.

Climbing out of bed I mentally prepare myself for the first day back, everyone knows the first day is the worst day. Thanks to Ryan I feel a spring in my step, even when showering I cannot help but smile at my own reflection. It doesn't take me long to be in my pleated school skirt and white shirt. I use to hate the uniform but when you get older you get over it, it seems unimportant. My hair dried the second I got out of the shower, I must ask Nicholas about it. I tie my hair in a ponytail, and notice standing in my door way is Nicholas leaning against the wooden frame. He's grinning at me.

"How do I look?" I ask him.

His eyes linger at my skirt before replying "Fine."

Dodging the sun light that is blazing through the window. He glances around the room for a quick second. Grabbing something from my bed post he steps close to me, awkwardly I avoid eye contact. His hands move to my neck, relief passes over as I notice that he's putting my tie on me.

"Thanks Nicholas," I say.

He grins at me walks out of my room. Since it's the first day back I don't have books to take in, but I pack my pencil case into my bag alongside earphones and my purse. Known my luck I will be given stacks of work to do. I take one last look at myself in the mirror, pleased with what I see I walk out of my room and through to the kitchen. There sitting at the dining table is Nicholas reading his broadsheet newspaper sipping at his cup of coffee or what I hope is coffee because it's too early for blood. Well at least I think it's too early for blood, he may be a little more rebellious than I am when it comes to feeding. As I walk into the kitchen he looks up from his paper and smiles.

"Are you forgetting something?" He asks as I'm putting bread into the toaster to make breakfast.

"What?"

"You're running late," He replies. I shrug at him, a girl has got to eat breakfast. He shakes his disapprovingly.

My toast pops and I butter the slices and place them onto a plate in the middle of the dining table. I grab a chair facing him and I settle down into my seat reaching for some toast.

"Do you want some toast?" I ask.

"No thanks I've already eat," He says.

He reaches into the fridge and pulls out a sports bottle with some red liquid in that looks similar to blackcurrant juice but I'm guessing it's not. He hands the bottle over to me, I hold it at arms length.