#3 - Maybe One Day

Kyungmi's POV

~The next day~

"You voluntarily asked to go to Daegu? To see the King, who's known for being the most ruthless that ever lived?"

One of my good friends, who is part of the Queen's army, stops and asks me as I reach for my sword leaning on the wall.

Word quickly spread about myself taking the treacherous mission to one of the most dangerous cities in South Korea. The people of Seoul knew the King had been demanding the Queen, but never imagined we would respond to his request.

"Yes Namjoon, I did." I sigh, strapping the sword to my waist and turning around.

"I'm coming with you Kyungmi." Namjoon firmly says.

"No you're not. The Queen has asked for me to go, and for me to go only. Some guards are going to be escorting me anyway. It won't take long: I'll be back by tonight." Pressing my hand on his chest, I stop him from walking to get his things.

"And what if you're not?" He worries. "What if the King does something to you and none of us know about it?"

"You're overthinking," I lay my hands on both his shoulders. "When have I ever not come back from a mission?"

"You've always came back." He mumbles, his gaze fixing to the ground.

"Exactly. I'll be fine, Namjoon. Trust me."

"Fine. You better come back in one piece or I'll kill you myself!" Pinching the bridge of his nose, he looks me in the eye and reluctantly nods in agreement to my words.

Softly chuckling, I nod and pull him into my chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. His arms strongly secure my back and I hear him worriedly sigh.

I understand how dangerous this mission will be, but it has to be done one day. So why not by the true Queen?

***

"Please be careful." Yoonhee says lowly to me, as I have myself up on top of the beautiful white horse.

With my sword strapped to my waist, padding around my chest and high boots around my feet, the mission to Daegu is nearly here.

"I will, I promise." I reassure her, giving her a little smile to ease her nerves. "I'll be back by tonight; it won't take long. I already know my answer to the King's deal and he simply cannot refuse it since it's coming from the Queen." I put emphasis on the 'Queen', making Yoonhee lightly chuckle.

"Be sure to return Kyungmi safely back to Seoul, no matter what the cost." Looking at the men accompanying me, Yoonhee then nods to herself and stands in a straight and confident posture.

The guards all rupture with a 'yes, your majesty' and then we're all suddenly galloping away on our horses.

My white horse takes the lead, with the 4 other horses with the 4 other guards on top. Normally, it takes around an hour to get to Daegu from Seoul, if there isn't any interruptions which hopefully there won't be.

The wind glides my hair back, making me feel like I'm soaring through the crisp air. My eyes travel to the sky, to see a perfectly blue one with not a cloud in sight. The vast area around me levels out into plain land instead of village, with a winding path laid out before us.

And so, the journey begins.

***

After about half an hours journey we stop at a local village nearby, to rest and take a break. Our horses are well fed, bathed, hooves cleaned, tail and main brushed and washed.