#30 - It All Fell Down

》TW: attempted suicide《

"You alright?" Yoongi wonders whilst looking at his King sat on top of his horse next to him. Even though he knows what the answer will be he asks anyway.

They've begun their descent back to Daegu after getting what they needed done. Only they lost one of them in the process.

Taehyung looks straight ahead at the path in front of him, and without turning his head he hums in agreement.

Yoongi let's out a sigh. "She had to leave at some point, you know. We couldn't keep hiding her from the Queen forever."

Taehyung faintly nods. "I know we couldn't. It would've been too risky for all of us."

Yoongi frowns whilst staring at him, and then adjusts his gaze back to the path.

The rest of the long journey ahead is silence in the cold darkness, and Yoongi has no clue what he's going to do when he gets back to the palace. Because his time has been recently taken up by the girl who happens to be the real Queen. And now she's gone, he figures things will go back to normal.

❦︎

After around an hour traveling through the night, they finally reach Daegu. The palace comes into view and when approaching it, Yoongi hops off his horse and turns to Taehyung still on his.

"Get some rest. I'll speak to our guards about the incident that happened yesterday." He indicates to the encounter Yoonhee's men pretending to be their own.

Taehyung nods as Yoongi enters the palace. He rubs his eyes in tiredness, and then climbs down his horse. He stops to admire the animal for a second, gently stroking the side of it.

One of the guards takes the horse away, and then Taehyung slowly approaches the palace. His energy is drained after everything that's happened.

It hurts him to see Kyungmi leave; he has no idea what she's doing or where she is. If she's in trouble or not. If she needs him or not. He will never know now he's been seperated from her. It will be difficult for him to adjust without her being here anymore bu-

"Your majesty, I've just spoken to the guards." Yoongi then bursts through the palace doors.

Taehyung blinks in surprise of Yoongi's sudden outburst. "And? What did they have to say about it?"

Narrowing his eyes, he can tell something's wrong. Yoongi is tense all of a sudden and he has no idea why.

"There was still some of Yoonhee's men here when we left for Incheon, not all of them came with us." Yoongi begins as the two of them stride into the palace and main hall.

Taehyung scowls. "And I'm assuming they caused trouble whilst we were away, right?"

Before Taehyung takes another step, Yoongi raises his arm out for him to stop walking. Taehyung watches him in confusion as Yoongi turns to stand opposite him.

"Right?" Taehyung repeats, raising his eyebrow.

Yoongi takes in a shaking breath, holding his hands on Taehyung's shoulders. "You need to listen to me carefully now, okay?"

Taehyung's expression becomes serious in waryness and nods.

He bites down on his lower lip. "Our guards tried fighting back but many were injured in the process. They managed to make the Queen's men flee back to Seoul, but they didn't even realise her men were in the palace until they...did something."