#17 - Told You So

It's been one day since I became a 'guest'  in the Daegu Palace. And honestly, I've been completely lost the entire time.

I have no clue as to what I'm supposed to do.

Ever since I went back upstairs into my room from the cells yesterday, I haven't seen the King since. It's the evening now, and there hasn't been a peep out of anyone.

I'm allowed to roam the palace now, but where would I even start? This place is too big to explore in one day.

My mind then travels back to what happened yesterday; when I made my request to add another person into the cells. Because I couldn't let him stay chained to the wall for another day.

However, that's not what I was focused on. I was at first, but what Jimin said caught my attention the most.

~Flashback to yesterday~

My hurried footsteps makes Jimin sharply look up.

His weak and heavy eyelids threaten to close, but become more alert as he recognises me coming closer towards him. He sits up against the wall, waiting for my arrival.

"Kyungmi? What's going on? What are you doing here?"

Unlocking the cuffs around his wrists, his limbs bluntly drop onto the ground out of his weakness. I drape his arm over my shoulder and my arm grasps at his waist, then hoisting him up in a standing position.

"I'm not allowed to free you, but this is the next best thing. I'm taking you to your brother." I calmly answer, taking slow steps forwards.

A shocked little gasp leaves his lips and he questioningly turns his gaze to me. "Jungkook? You're taking me to Jungkook?"

I nod in response. "He's in the cells with two other prisoners right now. The King gave me permission to let you stay with him. I'm sorry I can't do anymore."

Jimin shakes his head. "No, that's perfect. I've been so worried about him, so thank you..." Trailing off, he hesitates when he speaks.

As we turn the corner, two words leave his lips which makes me stop walking.

"...your majesty."

I feel my heart drop as his voice echoes in my head. Blinking, I slowly turn my head in his direction.

"What did you just say?"

A small smile appears on his lips. "I heard you the other day, speaking to the men that took the Prince. I heard what they said; who you are. And I also heard you didn't deny it."

My breathing hitches and I force my feet and therefore Jimin's as well to carry on walking.

"Please don't tell anyone, Jimin. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm more or less in hiding now from the 'Queen'."

Jimin then stops walking which makes me stop aswell. His expression is a mixture of amusement and confusion.

"Did Jungkook not tell you where we're from?"

Blankly, I stare up at him and shake my head. He never told me, Hoseok or Seokjin where he came from. Well, maybe he's told them now.

"We're from Seoul."

My lips part in understanding. "So that means-"

"You're our Queen." Jimin grins whilst staring ahead. "And so far you're being a better one than the faux Queen ever was."