#23 - Surprise Visit

"What was your name again, Phil? Joan?"

The man stood in front of him blinks, his lips curving up into one that looks like the King is wrong. "No, it's Namjoon your majesty."

Oh yes, that's right.

After helping Kyungmi, Taehyung went back downstairs to the original place she was supposed to meet Namjoon and Yoongi.

Watching this from afar was the Prince in curiosity. He already knows most of what's happened, but like the rest of them he wants to know more. And so he joins his older brother's side.

"Whatever. Your beloved Queen sent her men to my Palace with intentions of killing my brother, wanting to frame Kyungmi for the act. You're lucky he survived or I swear I would've-" Taehyung's anger builds at the mere thought of his brother dead, stepping forwards without thinking.

However Beomgyu nervously chuckles and holds his arm back from Namjoon. "What he's trying to say is that he's thankful to Kyungmi for helping me before it could esculate any further."

Namjoon glances at the Prince and bows his head. "Forgive me, your highness. I had no idea any of this had happened until afterwards; I didn't even know Kyungmi was alive."

Beomgyu smiles faintly. "It wasn't your fault it happened. What we want to know is why the Queen did it in the first place."

Taking in a breath, Namjoon rubs the back of his neck. He only knows so little, but it could be everything they've been wanting to hear.

"We haven't got all day." Yoongi says impatiently. "We've all been gone for too long so spit it out."

Shooting Yoongi a slightly annoyed look, Namjoon scowls to himself before turning to the King and speaking.

"All I know is that it's an act of betrayal. The Queen wants to get rid of Kyungmi as if her life depends on it, and we have no idea why." Namjoon then helplessly shrugs.

Yoongi knows exactly why. It makes sense from his perspective, but he can imagine everyone else being very confused.

"But we do have a speculation that it's because she thinks Kyungmi will take the throne from her." He then adds, and Yoongi scoffs in amusement.

Taehyung's eyes narrow. "We? Who's we? Who else did you tell?"

"He didn't tell me. I told him." Now the voice of the Princess comes into hearing, and she appears next to Namjoon's side.

Blinking in shock, Yoongi steps backwards. Ayeong glances at him stood before her before averting her gaze to the King, bowing her head. Taehyung returns the bow.

"Yoonhee talked about Kyungmi wanting to steal the throne from her, which is why she sent the men after the Prince to frame her." She indicates to Beomgyu stood behind Taehyung.

"But I knew something wasn't right. Which is why I asked Namjoon if he knew anything that could confirm Yoonhee's suspicions. And as I suspected, he didn't." Ayeong continues.

Yoongi makes a mental note to tell Kyungmi about this; that Ayeong believes her real sister, not the fake one.

"Your highness, you cannot tell anyone about this. We need everyone, especially the Queen, to think Kyungmi is dead." Yoongi then speaks up, staring at the flawless girl in front of him.

"For now she stays with us." The King says, one hand rested on his hip. "Until we figure out more to this deception, she needs to stay away from the Queen for her own safety."

Ayeong turns to him, hesitating before nodding. "Yes, that's the best option. We'll try to stay in touch, your majesty."

Taehyung nods in approval. "Good. Thank you, Princess."