Chapter 1 - Adults

Dalton Serano

Today is my graduation day and I'm really proud of myself that I achieved my goals by 24 years old. I got my Bachelor Degree in Harvard and then I got my Master Degree in Stanford.

I walked out from the hall after receiving my diploma and greeted by my family. My mother gave me a hug first and she said that she's so proud of me. My sister then gave me a hug and lastly.. my father gave me a big hug.

The only person that I want to pleased is my father.

As I grow up, I admire him and always wanted to be like him. I want to be someone that he can be proud of and live up to his expectations.

"We're so proud of you, son." My father said as he pulled away.

"Thank you, father." I smiled.

They already hired a professional photographer to take photos of us together as a family. My parents even gave me the time to talk and take pictures with some of my friends.

As I was busy taking pictures with some of my friends, suddenly a beautiful girl approached me. She brought a big bouquet of roses and she stood in front of me.

"Dalton Serano, I've been liking you for awhile now. I was wondering if we could go on a date tomorrow night?" She said shyly as she put the bouquet of flowers in front of me.

This reminded me of Ellie Lexington right away.

"Sorry, I have to go back to Paris tomorrow." I rejected her and she looked at me with teary eyes. I walked away to prevent any chaos that will occur.

This is not my first time receiving confession when I enrolled in uni. I got a lot of confessions but I rejected all of them. I only dated once throughout uni and it's with a woman named Lisa. We dated for about 1.5 years from my 3rd year to when I graduated my bachelor degree in Harvard.

When I challenged Ellie Lexington to follow me to Harvard on the day that she confessed to me, I never heard from her anymore. I saw her at school but that's it. She only confessed and just vanished into thin air.

Ellie Lexington is one of the most popular girls at school back then. She's beautiful and not to mention she was born with silver spoon too. The thing that made me remember about her until today is how she reacted when I told her to follow me to Harvard.

She told me that she will follow me a year after I enrolled, yet there's no signs of her. I went to the freshman welcoming orientation but none.

I guess, she's just one of those girls who don't have any sense of working hard to get what she wants. Even a part of me thought it was a prank or a dare from her friends.

Never heard anything from her ever again but I just hope she's doing great things in her life.

Ellie Lexington

"Ellie!" I squealed when I saw Callie walking into my office. I got up and immediately hugged her tightly.

"How are you?" I said as I put my hands on her upper arms. She still looking so gorgeous since the last time I saw her.

"I'm great. How about you?"

"I'm great too! was so happy when you called me, I thought you're still living in Melbourne." I said and she shook her head. She showed me her ring on her ring finger and my eyes widen.

"No way!"

"Yes.. way!" She squealed.

"This is great news!" I hugged her again and she squealed.

"I know!" She pulled away and handed me an invitation to her wedding.

"It's in 2 weeks. I know.. I know.. before you say something about it.." I was about to protest but she stopped me.

"It will be a big wedding, it's just I wanted to hand you the invitation in person." She said and I chuckled. I opened the wedding invitation and smiled.

"I'm so happy for you, Callie. I really do. This is amazing!" I said ad I put the invitation on my table. I turned to her and she held both of my hands.

"A lot of our highschool friends will come." She said and I nodded.

"I know."

"Including Dalton Serano and his family. Alfie's family knew them personally." She said and I chuckled.

"You're okay with it?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Why would I not be okay with it? It's your day and you don't need to think about me."

"That's odd." She looked at me suspiciously.

"It's been 7 years, Callie. I'll be working with him later." I said and she chocked on herself. I patted her back and she grabbed my glass of water drinking it.

"You what?"

"I'll be working with him." I repeated.

"How are you acting so normal? I know you're still in love with him!" She hissed as she wiped her lips.

"We're adults, Callie. We all have our own paths now." I said and she shook her head.

"Do you remember how he humiliated you in front of the whole student body?"

"It's in the past." I said and Callie looked at me disbelief.

"Good thing that you don't end up with him because you don't deserve him at all."

"I know, I know.. don't worry." I smiled and she let out a long sigh.

"There will be a lot of guests in my wedding and I will introduce you to my cousin. I think he's perfect for you."

"Are you really trying to hook me up with your cousin in your own wedding?" I asked and she laughed.

"I want you to find the one as soon as possible, you look lonely." She teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I just got out of a relationship, Callie."

"That was 7 months ago, stop making excuses!"