Chapter 13 - Less

Ellie Lexington

I opened my eyes and got up from the bed. I quickly went to the bathroom to do my business. I decided to take a shower to freshen up. I walked out from my bathroom and changed into my sweat pants and shirt.

I walked out from my bedroom and saw Dalton still here. I was surprised because it's already past 12 which is I thought he already leaving for work.

"Dalton." I called him and he turned to me.

"I got you food, eat and then you have to eat your medicine." He said without taking his eyes off his laptop. I walked to the dining table and he already bought me a full english breakfast.

"You can leave for work, if you want to. I'm feeling a lot better." I said as I turned to him. The door bell rang and before I could take a step, Dalton opened the door.

"Who are you?" It's Sergio and I quickly walked to the door.

"Hey." Sergio smiled.

"Hey."

"I was in the area, I thought I would check on you and bring you some food." He said and then he turned to Dalton.

"Come in." I said and Sergio walked in.

"Sergio, this is Dalton. Dalton is my friend from highschool. Dalton, this is Sergio." I introduced the both of them and Dalton politely shook his hand but nothing more. Dalton immediately got back to his laptop and I gestured Sergio to go to the dining table.

"Brought your favorite onion soup." Sergio said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and he took it out from the bag for me.

"What do you want for dinner? I can grab you food after I finish my work." Sergio asked and I turned to Dalton.

"I'm okay, Dalton will actually stay here to take care of me." I said and turned back to Sergio.

"Okay then.. I have to go, I have work." He said and I gave him a hug.

"Thank you, Sergio." I said and he nodded. I walked him to the door and opened it.

"Get well soon, I'll call you tonight." He said and I nodded. Sergio left and I walked back to the dining table. I decided to heat up the onion soup on the stove and started eating the food that Dalton bought.

"Are you working?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Can you work here on the dining table with me?" Dalton got up with his laptop and walked towards the dining table. I smiled seeing him agreeing with my words.

"Have you eat yet?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Yeah, I already ate."

"Are you okay not going to work? I think your father will look for you."

"He won't." He said as he took a glance at the stove. I got up and checked it's already boiling. I poured it jnto a bowl and brought it to the dining table.

"Next week, I will be a little bit busy. I don't think I would have the time to see you." He announced and I turned to him.

"Oh okay."

"My father is planning to introduced me to his friend's daughter." I tried not to react to it.

"I guess he finally found someone who is on the same level as me." He added.

"I mean that's great, you should meet up with her." I said nodding. He then turned to his laptop again and I felt like him saying this wanting to make me jealous.

In the end of the day, I will always be the woman who can't stand beside him. Even though, we're dating.. he doesn't even want to be seen with me. I mean.. he will get embarass for hanging out with someone like me.

Someone who didn't even go to college, someone who is not as smart as him, someone who is not have a lot of friends and someone who just far from his standard.

I started eating my food slowly and not even wanting to talk to him anymore. After eating, I got up and grabbed a glass of water. I took out my medicine and drank it.

I sat on the seat beside Dalton to see what he's doing. He was working on a project and he's currently going through the data of the market that he's targeting.

I just watched him working and I felt happy. I guess this is how much I love this man. He doesn't need to do anything and just stay by my side was more than enough.

Dalton will never understand and will never know how much I love him. I guess he indeed needs someone who can understand and stand beside him. Someone who is capable of keeping up with his goals.

My decision to not enrolled in Harvard was indeed the best decision that I've ever made. I didn't regret it or will ever regret it.

Even though I go to Harvard and study there hoping that Dalton will notice me, it will never happen. Going to Harvard for the man that I love was pretty much stupid especially when I know this man is capable of hurting me more.

This made me want to throw up.

I hate myself for loving the wrong man. He treated me wrong, he demanded more and he did not hesitate to even brag about other woman.

Slowly.. but sure..

Dalton is not that special anymore.

I found myself reaching my hand out to him. I caressed his cheek with the back of my hand and he turned to me.

"Let me know next week if the woman that you will meet is the woman of your dreams, babe. I will gladly taking a step back and break up with you." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"We only dated for a week, I'm starting to see you less than before." I added.

"What?" He looked at me disbelief.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I think I want to break up, what do you think?" I asked.

"No."