Chapter 15 - Pain

Dalton Serano

Kelliane Mikos.

My father introduced me to Kelliane and her family who own a big shipping company in Greece. Her father Rando Mikos and my father were friends when they were in middle school.

When my father told me about Kelliane, she's pretty similar to me. She actually just graduated from Yale and she's a great pianist too. She sometimes like to be a part of an orchestra.

She got a 136 IQ which is pretty similar to mine. I can see that we will match so well, there's no such thing as too similar in my dictionary. Besides, I'm ready to leave Ellie.

I will for sure win the bet.

"Kelliane." She said as she shook my hand. We both sat down in a separate table so we can have a private and more intimate conversation instead of having our parents interrupting us.

"Nice to meet you." My first impression of her is that she has a really strong aura and she's very beautiful. Her long jet black hair and her brown eyes are really captivating especially after knowing her spects. 

"So what did you study in Yale?" I asked.

"Chemical engineering, how about you?"

"Mechanical engineering." I smiled and I can't help but find this woman so attractive since she's in the same field as me.

"Oh! I guessed it right!" She clapped her hands.

"You guessed it right?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I mean.. not like 100% right but I somehow feel that you got into engineering."

"You guessed it right! So are you thinking about taking a master degree?"

"Well.. I was going to but I think I want to try jump into my family business." She said and I nodded. The waiter came wirh our drinks first and he asked if we want to order our food now.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked as I looked at the menu. We both ordered steak with mashed potatoes on the side.

As we talk more, I found a lot of similarities between ys that it's crazy. She mentioned about how she hates fried foods and how she hates people who have a messy room. She even told me that she likes sports car which I'm obsessed with it too.

I told her that I really enjoy going to the beach and the night lights. We both love sports, she likes playing tennis while I like playing soccer. We both prefered wine than champagne and the fact that she also likes frenchie made me just.. like this woman more.

My father was wrong.

Finding a perfect copy of you is the best way to be with someone. You'll click more and will have less fights and arguments with each other because most of the time, you're on the same boat.

"I always think.. people like us is pretty rare." She said as she put her glass of wine on the table.

"Of course."

"I hate stupid people, I really hate them. They always do stuff that makes no sense and have zero knowledge about the world." She said as she looked at her wine.

"I agree with you."

"I'm glad that our parents introduced us together, Dalton. We both would make a really great pair." She smiled and I nodded.

"I couldn't agree more." I raised my glass of wine and cheered with her. I took a sip and put it down on the table.

"These days, I actually been thinking about going to Harvard to purse my master degree." She said after sipping her wine.

"You should go.." We continued talking as the night progress and I can say that I kinda want to know her more. I think she's a really cool person to begin with.

After dinner, we went on our separate ways and she asked me if I want to go to a bar tomorrow night. Of course, I said yes.

"How was it?" My father asked as we're in the car.

"It was great, I kinda like her." I said and my mother nodded.

"You should hang out with her more if you like her." My mother said.

"Yeah." I turned to my father who gave me a nod. He really thought that I will hate her because we're too similar huh? In your face, father!

The next day..

It's been about 3 days since I didn't contact Ellie and I can say it's the best feeling ever. I don't have to deal with her.

I met up with Kelliane in front of the building and we went in together. We went to the bar together and it's located in the 8th floor of the building. Kelliane already booked a seat for us near the window.

"This is nice." I said as I sat down.

"I know right, the view is great too." She said and I looked out the window. I can see the Eiffle tower from here. She called the waiter and we ordered our drinks.

"This morning, I went to the hospital."

"What happened?"

"Just not feeling well, It seems like my allergies decide to comeback." She said and I'm impressed. I love it when someone is good at taking care of herself. Someone like her won't give me any burden in the future.

"Your mother told me that you're famous among women back in uni." I chuckled nervously, I really don't like it when things like this mentioned.

"She said women were confessing to you and even askd you to date them." She said as she looked outside the window.

"That's the most pathetic thing ever, women should have not done that." Her statement made me raise my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Even though they go to Harvard or Yale like you, they still need to have the same social status as you. I bet you won't go for someone ordinary right?" Our drinks came and I took a sip before answering her question.

"I don't go for ordinary. I prefer someone who is a perfect copy, someone like you." I smirked and Kelliane chuckled nodding.

Suddenly I heard someone raising their voice, I turned my head to see.. Ellie? I couldn't hear what exactly what she's saying but it looked like she's trying to get the woman away from the man. She was looking at her dead serious and successfully get the woman out of there.

For a moment, I thought that woman offended her or something, but I was surprised when she hugged that man. It looked like they know each other. I could see the man even caressing her head and she even leaned her head to him.

It seemed like they're close with each other.

"Dalton, ignore them. They're a bunch of people with dramas." Kelliane said and I turned to her.

Does she know that I'm here? Is she trying to make me jealous?

"People like that is such a pain in the ass." I hissed.