Chapter 4 - Lies

Dalton Serano

I looked at the beautiful Eiffel tower with a glass of champagne in my hand. It's been a while since I've enjoyed seeing the sight of Eiffel tower that stood up tall in the middle fo the city.

"How does it feel being back?" I turned to see Leroy standing beside me with a glass of wine in his hand.

"Great, it felt good. How are you, Rossi?" I chuckled as we both cheered with our drinks.

"Doing great. Just busy with a couple of project these days."

"When will the next movie comes out?"

"Around 3 months." He said and I patted his shoulder.

"Can't wait to watch it."

"So.. I guess you and Ellie didn't work out huh?" I turned to him completely confused with his question.

"What do you mean?" I asked and Leroy looked at me even more confused.

"You two didn't date?"

"Where did you hear that from?! Did Ellie make up a story?" I started to get suspicious because Ellie is someone who is capable of making up things.

"She got into Harvard. My sister got accepted and she was on the list of students." What?

"I remembered that you told her you would date her if she follows you to Harvard. Didn't you see her at school? Laura was the one who told me that Ellie got in." That made me turn my head to find Ellie in the crowd.

She's currently with my sister talking to some men. They were enjoying each other's company.

"Ellie and Laura studied a lot together and they both got accepted. My sister will be graduating next semester and I'm assuming Ellie already graduated."

"No, she never came to Harvard." I said as I set my eyes on her.

"That's weird."

"Talk to you later, buddy." I said as I turned to him and patted his shoulder. I walked back to the crowd but I never took my eyes on Ellie.

That girl is something.

"Dalton!" I turned to see Alfie calling me. I walked towards him and he was asking me to take a photo with the whole soccer squat. We took a couple pictures and then I waited for all my friends go away.

"Callie."

"Hmm?" Callie turned to me and I found myself hesitating to ask her.

"What?" Callie asked me and I decided not to ask her because I might ruin their day. It's their wedding day and I don't want to ask things that is not related to them.

"Nothing." I said and walked away.

"Dalton." My mother grabbed my hand and she led us to our seat.

"There's a lot of beautiful girls here, you should find someone that attracts you." My mother said as she patted my arm. I turned to her and shook my head.

"I want to focus on my career, mother." I said and she sighed.

"I always wish you could be like your sister, take a step back from everything and enjoy life." I turned to my sister who's still talking to the boys with Ellie. Ellie listened to one of the boys who's talking and she looked so invested.

"Who's that girl sitting beside your sister?"

"Ellie, Ellie Lexington." I answered.

"She's really beautiful." My mother commented and I didn't respond to it. I saw her helping Deandra to stand up and they both went inside.

"I should check on Deandra." I told my mother and she nodded. I got up and walked into the building. I lost them because they're nowhere to be found.

After waiting for a couple of minutes, Ellie came out from the lift alone. She was looking at her phone and I stood in front of her. She bumped into me and she looked up.

"Dalton! I'm sorry.." She said as she took a step back.

"I want to talk to you, let's go outside." I said to her and she looked skeptical. I walked first and I heard her footsteps behind me.

I led her out to the garden and turned around. She put her phone into her small bag and turned to me.

"What? Is it about the meeting this morning? Did I do something wrong?" She asked and I shook my head.

"You got into Harvard huh?" I said and the look on her face answered the question right away. She avoided my eyes and she held on to her bag straps digging her nails into it.

She's nervous.

"Did you or you did not?" I asked.

"No." She answered and I raised my eyebrows. Her eyes changed all of the sudden.

"They didn't accept me." She said in a cold tone.

"They didn't accept you?"

"Okay! Why are you asking this? I'm already embarassed that I didn't get into Harvard when I told everyone I will. Can you have a little bit.. of.. sympathy by not asking me about it?!" She bursted at me angrily and I was surprised. I never thought she would get mad at me for asking her that.

"What? You're going to call me dumb?!" She scoffed sarcasticly.

"I know I know. You always look down on me, you will always will. In your eyes, I'm this stupid dumb girl who confessed her love in the cafeteria!" She hissed and glared at me hard.

"You know.. acting like this shows that you still like me." I said and she looked at me disbelief.

"What? If I get into Harvard, you will date me? No! I know you said that because you know that I won't be able to reach it! I know in the end you will end up humilliating me more." She looked at me coldly and rolled her eyes.

"I'm a man with my words. If you get into Harvard, I will date you." I said and I was not playing with my words.

"Bullshit." She hissed and turned around.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, Ellie." I said and she stopped.

"Did you get into Harvard or not? Because if you did, you'll be my girlfriend starting from the second you said yes." I said and that made turn to me.

"I did not get into Harvard, Dalton. You can humilliate me however you like with that but I didn't get it. Whoever told you I did, they're lying."