Chapter 11 - Stay

Dalton Serano

For a moment, I forgot that the hospital that Jinny described was my father's hospital. It's a Serano hospital for sure and I can't go inside because I bet someone will tell my father about me being there trying to visit the woman that I rejected 6 years ago.

I decided to call the land line and pretending to ask if I was Ellie's secretary.

"Good afternoon, Serano Hospital. How can I help you?"

"I'm here to ask my boss' room, her name is Ellie Lexington." I said in a lower tone voice.

"Oh.. she's in the 5th floor, in room 507."

"Is she doing okay?" I asked.

"Sir, I'm sorry. We can't answer that for you." Right, my stupidity got the best of me. I decided to go to my office and told my secretary to cancelled my meeting.

I'm having a headache and this is stressing me out.

I swear to god, she's a handful woman and if I keep up with this any longer, I will go insane and lose my mind.

I did not sign up for this.

My phone rang and I took it out from my pocket. My eyes widen when I realized I brought Ellie's phone to my office. This is making me insane. I called my secretary and immediately told her to give Ellie's phone back to the hospital.

Ellie Lexington

After staying at the hospital for a day, I went back home. Sergio insisted to stay but I told him to go home since he's already staying with me at the hospital.

I went home and Jinny brought me dinner. I took a shower real quick and sat on the dining table. I decided to call Dalton.

"Hello."

"Can you come over? I just got out from the hospital." I said as I looked at the food. I heard the door bell ring and I walked to the door opening it.

"How did-" I was speechless to see him already at the door. I gestured him to walk in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better, I guess." I said and he nodded. He walked towards the dining table.

"Jinny told me that you were here yesterday." I said and followed him to the dining table.

"You even got my phone." I said as I stood beside him. He gestured me to sit down and he grabbed a fork taking my steak.

"Just eat, I'm not in the mood to have a debate with you." He said and I pouted. I sat down and started eating.

After I ate, he grabbed my medicine and gave it to me. He pointed at the glass of water for me to drink it. He got up as I was drinking my water. As I was about to get up, Dalton stopped me. He made me sit down again and put a towel on my head. He helped me dry my hair.

"Will Sergio come here tonight to watch over you?" He asked and I turned to him but he turned my head back so he can keep crying my hair.

"No."

"Your mother?"

"No, I'll be alone tonight. Why?" I asked.

"I'll stay here then." I was surprised hearing him. I never thought he would want to stay here. I mean I would love to have him here but he doesn't need to go this far.

"Where's the hair dryer? You should dry your hair with it." He said and I turned to him.

"I'll get my spare clothes from the car, dry your hair while I get it." I nodded and with that he walked out from the door. I got into my bedroom and grabbed my hair dryer. I dried my hair quickly and even flipped my head down.

"Why are you- why are you doing it like that?" I turned to see Dalton walking in. He grabbed the hair dryer from me and made me sat down in front of my vanity. He dried my hair as he brushed through it with his fingers.

I guess I'm just a pain in the ass for him.

He turned off the hair dryer and put it on the vanity. I turned to him.

"You can take a shower here." I said as I saw his bag on the ground.

"Okay." He grabbed it and walked into the bathroom. I walked out from my bedroom and sat on the sofa. I started to think about this relationship.

I have to remind myself that he's doing it to proof something. I know he's ego is so big and there's no way someone like him could change in a blink of an eye.

'Loving him is not about owning him', that's what I said to myself about Dalton. Now, that we got into a relationship for almost a week.. I want to own him.

All of him.

"Ellie!" I flinched and turned to Dalton who's already sitting beside me. He wore a grey sweatpants and a black sweatshirt.

"What are you doing?"

"I was just-" I was about to say that I was watching TV but the TV wasn't even on.

"Nothing." I said as I looked at the reflection of both of us in the TV.

"What happened 2 days ago?" He asked and I turned to him.

"What?"

"The night where you got admitted to the emergency room."

"I was puking a lot and.. have a really bad headache." I said as I slowly leaned my head to his shoulder. I linked my arm around his.

"You were busy huh? Did you work overnight?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said and I closed my eyes.

"Just sleep on the bed." Dalton said as he patted my hand. I opened my eyes and grabbed his hand. I dragged him to my bedroom. I made him lay on my bed beside me. I wrapped my arms around his body and laid my head on his arm.

"Please just stay like this until I fall asleep.." I whispered and there's no answer from Dalton. I closed my eyes and fell asleep right away.