Chapter 8 - Care

Dalton Serano

When Ellie opened the door, she looked like she just got out from a stranded island. Her hair was everywhere, she wore a big hoodie with sweat pants and she looked like a zombie.

"What a great boyfriend, come a day late when his girlfriend was dying last night." She said sarcasticly as I walked in.

"I was busy, I told you that."

"Do you do this to all your ex-girlfriends?" She asked as I sat down on her sofa.

"Of course, not." I said as I turned to her. She sighed and sat on the spot beside me.

"What? Why are you sick?" I asked as I looked at some medicines scattered on the table.

"It was just a headache." I turned to her disbelief. She really had to be a drama queen just for a headache?

"That's it? You asked me to come here yesterday just for a headache?"

"You're giving me more headache, Dalton. If you agreed to be my boyfriend in the first place, shouldn't you be more considerate?" She hissed and she got up walking towards the kitchen.

I looked at all the medicines that she has on the table. I recognized it right away because Deandra always takes it everytime she's on her period. My father would make her drink it twice a day to reduce it. I turned to Ellie.

"Have you eat yet?" I asked and she didn't answer. She just stood there in front of the fridge drinking water.

"Ellie." I got up and walked towards her. She was looking at the wall blankly. I put my hand on her forehead and she's burning. She then turned to me and didn't say anything. She pushed my hand away and grabbed an ice cream from the fridge.

I took out my phone and texted my family doctor to come here to check on her. I ordered some food too for her.

"Are you going to act like a child?" I asked as I walked towards her. She's eating ice cream and watched La La Land on the TV. She ignored me and I grabbed her ice cream and spoon.

"You're 25, you should know how to act!" I hissed and she glared at me. I put her ice cream back and threw the spoon to the sink.

"Where do you put your small towel?" I asked as I walked back to her.

"In my bathroom, second drawer below the sink." She answered. I walked to her bathroom and grabbed it. I ran two towels under a warm water. I brought it back to her and sat beside her. I turned off the TV and put one towel on her forehead and one towel on her lower stomach.

"You're really handful." I protested.

"Why? You want your perfect girl to be independent huh?"

"Of course! Who eats ice cream when you're having a fever and a bad period cramps?" I hissed and she sighed. 

"What time will you go to work?"

"In an hour, why?"

"I think I rather have you working than being here. You're giving me a headache." She said as she opened her right eyes.

"I will go, who says I will be here all day with you."

"As expected from Dalton Serano." She said and the door bell rang. I got up and opened the door revealing my family doctor.

"Mr. Serano." He said and I gestured him to walk in. Ellie was surprised to see a doctor walking in.

"Ellie, this is.. Billy. He will check on you." Billy excused himself to check on her. He asked her a couple of questions and she answered it all. Billy examined her and the door bell rang again. This time, the food came.

I brought it to the kitchen and opened it up for her. I put the soup into the microwave heating it up again.

"Mr. Serano." I turned to Billy and walked towards him.

"She overworked herself and she needs a lot of rest. Her period made it so much worse. I will prescribe her some medicine and will be send here in about 30 minutes." Billy said and I turned to Ellie.

"Anything else?"

"Her fever might go up and drop all day. I'm wondering if someone could watch over her and give her the medicine every now and then." I nodded.

"Thanks, Bil."

"You're welcome, sir. The medicine will come in 30 minutes." He said and I nodded. I opened the apartment door and sent him out.

"Ellie, let's eat." I said and she got up from the sofa. She walked to the dining table and sat down looking at the food blankly. I took out the soup from the microwave and put it in front of her.

"You shouldn't be doing this." She said as she grabbed a spoon.

"You're complaining about everything. Just eat.." I said as I sat across her.

"Do you have someone that can watch you today?" I asked as she sipped her soup.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Who?"

"You don't need to know." She said and I sighed. I'm starting to get a headache facing this woman. I swore that I would never date this type of woman but here I am eating at my own words.

Ellie Lexington

I tried to hold back my tears. Dalton is making the situation so much worse. He called a doctor and even bought me food was a really sweet gesture.

In the end of the day, I fell in love with the right person. He treated me so good even though he looked like he hates my guts.

After I finished my soup, I grabbed my glass of water that Dalton put beside me earlier. I took a sip of it and looked up to see that he's on his phone.

"You can go." I said and he turned to me.

"I will." As expected.

"I'm going to sleep, please just turn off all the lights when you go." The door bell rang again and he walked towards the door. He thanked whoever behind that door and walked in.

"Eat this first then you can go to sleep. I'll be going after this." He said as he took the medicine out. I drank it and got up from my seat.

"What's your passcode?"

"Huh?"

"Door passcode." He said and I looked at him nervously.

"Why are you asking that?"

"Why? Can't a boyfriend know their girlfriend's passcode? Just tell me.." He looked at me seriously and I gulped nervously.

"Your birthday." I said and he looked surprised. He gestured me to go to my bedroom.

"Thank you." I said to him before entering my bedroom. He nodded and I walked into my room. I threw my body to the bed cried myself to sleep.