Chapter 10 - Emergency

Dalton Serano

I was mad.

When my father told me that he was so disappointed at me, I was mad. I was just living up to his expectation and now he's telling me that I was wrong?

I told her to follow me to Harvard, she got in! Isn't that great? She got into Harvard but it's not my responsibility when she backed off. I'm even paying it by dating her.

She should be grateful.

I didn't even want to check on her anymore. I don't care if she's sick or not, she got her little new toy anyway. He should let to take care of her since she's going to be his future wife.

As soon as I got back from my apartment, I threw myself to my bed and fell asleep out of anger.

Ellie Lexington

"I was just overwork, father. I will be better soon." I assured my father who looked at me completely worried.

"Take a break for a week, it won't kill you. I will send Vina to take over."

"3 days." I negotiated and he turned to my mother.

"4 days and that's final." My mother said.

"Deal!" I said.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door, a nurse came in but she told my father that the doctor wanted to see him. My father walked out from the room.

"Thank you again, Sergio." My mother said and I turned to Sergio smiling.

"It's going to my responsibility anyway, Mrs. Lexington." Sergio answered.

"Mother, can you ask Jinny to get my phone in my apartment?" I asked.

"Okay, I will tell her but first.. eat up."

Dalton Serano

When Will Lexington entered my office, he looked surprised to see me. I got up from my seat and greeted him.

"Are you the doctor that is in charge with my daughter?" He asked as I put my hand in front of him. He took it and I shook my head.

"I'm not but I have some thing to talk to you." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"It's about my son, Dalton, and your daughter." I added and he immediately nodded. I gestured him to sit down and I sat on my seat.

"Firstly, I want to apologize about my son's behaviour. I didn't teach him to be someone like that but I guess his arrogance got to him." I said and Will sighed.

"I think you know how it feels, you have a daughter." Will said not in a friendly tone. I don't blame him, I would have done the same thing, maybe I would have done more.

I won't hesitate to kill the man who hurt Deandra. Not on my watch.

"I'm afraid, our children is.. having some sort of relationship right now." I said and Will's eyes widen. He never expected to hear that.

"Do you have proof for that?" Will asked and I took my iPad. I showed him some CCTV footage and some other proofs to him.

"Ellie is going to marry Sergio in the end of the year, she was the one who asked us to.. arranged her." Will was completely confused and I understand him for that.

I know this is one of Dalton's game. He wanted to proof his words since his ego is too big.

"You and I need to cooperate because I want to teach my son a lesson." I said and without any hesitation, Will immediately agree.

Dalton Serano

I got up when my alarm went off. I sat up on my bed and turned to see the sun is already in the sky. I checked the time and it's almost 11 am.

I checked my phone and there's no text or call from Ellie. I showered and changed into my work attire. I decided to stop at her apartment to check on her before going to work.

I parked my car and went up to her floor. I pressed on the door bell waiting for her to open the door for me. After a few minutes, there's no answer. I put in the passcode and walked into her apartment with no sign of her in the living room or in the dining room.

I walked towards her room and knocked on the door.

"Ellie." I called her name.

"Ellie.." I called again and I felt something was wrong. I opened the door and there's no signs of her. Her bathroom door was opened and the light was on.

"Ellie? Are you there?" I asked but no answer. I walked towards the bathroom and there's a lot of thing scattered on the floor. Her phone was laying there.

My heart slowly racing up and I was agitated for a split second. For a moment, my mind went blank and I didn't know what to do. I grabbed her phone and walked out from her bedroom.

I called 112.

"112, what's your emergency?"

"My- my- my girlfriend, she's missing. She- she was sick yesterday and.. when I come to her apartment, she's gone. Her phone was on the floor and she- she was no where to be found! I didn't get in contact with her since yesterday noon!" I was panicking and I could feel my whole body was shaking in panic.

"Can you give us the address?" The operater asked and I gave the address to her apartment. I called her office to ask about her whereabouts but none of them knew.

There's no way, she would leave her phone in the bathroom and left the bathroom in that condition.

As I was waiting for the police to come, I saw Jinny. Jinny is her secretary and Jinny was surprised to see me.

"Mr. Serano, what are you doing here?" Jinny asked.

"She's not here, I don't know where she went." I said completely stressed out.

"What do you mean? She's in the hospital. She was brought to the emergency room last night." I looked at her completely dumbfound.

"Which hospital?" I asked.

"The one with the big bridge in the middle." Jinny said and I just left her there. I dialed 112 again and explained to the operator the situation. I apologized for it and rushed to the hospital.