Chapter 20 - Broken

Dalton Serano

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kelliane asked as she brought me to her grandfather's art gallery. It was filled with paintings, sculptures and even potteries.

"Beautiful." I said and Kelliane gestured me to follow her. She stopped in front of a painting and it's a beautiful young woman with blonde hair. She was sititng on a bench reading something.

"That's my grandmother. My grandfather adores her so much until now. I wish I could be like them." Kelliane said.

"Who wouldn't want that?"

"Kelly, is that you?" I turned to the door to see an old man entering the room. I assumed it's her grandfather. Kelliane walked towards him and I followed her. She gave him a big hug and then they both turned to me.

"Gramps, this is my friends, Dalton."

"Dalton, sir." I said as I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Dalton."

"I was just showing him around." Kelliane said.

"What do you think?" Her grandfather asked.

"I admire your arts, Mr. Mikos. It's a master piece." I said and he chuckled.

"Kelly, can you get Paulo to bring my wheelchair?" He turned to Kelliane and she nodded. He gestured me to follow him and we both stood in front of a broken heart sculpture.

"I've heard a lot about you Dalton Serano." He said.

"I hope all the good things, sir." I said nervously and he chuckled. He turned to me and patted my shoulder.

"Are you going to Monte Carlo next month?" He asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Good because I will auction this sculpture." He said pointing at the beautiful sculpture.

"Isn't it too beautiful to let go?" I asked and he let out a long sigh.

"Too beautiful to let go? It is but I think someone else will appreciate it more." Somehow his words will haunt me, I don't know why.

"At first, I hate this piece. It was one of the pieces that took a long time for me to appreciate it." He said and I don't understand that he would not appreciate this piece when it's so beautiful.

"How about you walk around it?" He said as he gestured me to walk around the sculpture. I walked slowly as Iooked at it carefully. Then it hit me.. the back of it was not as beautiful as the front part.

I looked up to him and he chuckled. He nodded and he gestured to stand beside him again.

"I will regret it one day for letting it go but.. someone will for sure love it more than me."

"What happened with the back part?" I asked curiously.

"When I created this, I almost finalize my divorce paper with my wife. I decided to sculpt to get my head clear but in the middle of the making, I was in range. Kelliane said she likes this piece too, she said it reminded her of a man that she fell in love in America."

"I guess.. people who will love this piece for sure have experience an extreme broken heart." He added and I nodded.

"Grandfather, are you bragging about it again?" I turned to see Kelliane bringing a wheelchair and a blanket. I helped him sit down and put a blanket on top of it.

"Kelly, you're going to Monte Carlo next month right?"

"Yes, I will."

"You both should go together and maybe play polo together!"

"You can play polo?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I'm good at it."

Ellie Lexington

It's been 2 weeks since me and Dalton ended things. I was not in a good state, I was broken but Sergio was always there for me. Now, we're currently in Monte Carlo for a charity and fundraising week.

The charity and fundraising event was held by a non-profit company called BLUEPEACE. There's a lot of higher up people come here from all over Europe. Not to mention that all the ILLICIT members will come.

I just hope that I won't bump into Dalton or have to deal with that man. I want to be invisible for this trip and I surely can't just leave because I want to do this event to help people.

"Are you ready?" Sergio asked and I nodded. I grabbed my bag and held his hand. We walked out from the hotel and the event organizer will give us a tour to the Oceanographic Museum. We got into the car that will drive us there.

"It's been a while since I came here." I said as I looked at the beautiful sea.

"My family owns a yatch here, how about we go on a short trip tomorrow?" Sergio askef and I smiled.

"That would be a good idea."

"By the way, Vincent just landed earlier."

"Will he go to the museum too?" I asked.

"Well.. let me ask him." He said as he took out his phone from his pocket.

It was a short drive to the museum and once we got out from our car. There's a staff that escorted us in and I was excited when I saw the sign.

"Ellie!" I turned to see Deandra and I hugged her. As I pulled away, Dalton showed up with Kelliane. When our eyes met, I immediately turned away.

"Sergio, this is Deandra. Deandra, this is Sergio." I introduced Sergio with Deandra and they both shook their hands.

"I thought you won't come here, I didn't see your name on the list." Deandra said.

"I don't have any reason not to come, I'm excited for this trip!" I said.

"We need to go shopping together or maybe.. we can go to the sea and have a little fun." She squealed.

"I love that idea!" I smiled and suddenly the staff announced that we will go inside. Sergio grabbed my hand and led me to the front.

"I'm so excited." I whispered as we walked into the first section of the musem.

"OMG!" I pulled Sergio to see the first aquarium and this really reminded me when I was a kid.

"Look at that.." I squealed as I saw a puffer fish.

"Becareful, Ellie." Sergio put his hand on my head preventing me from bumping the rock.

"Let's go there!"