Chapter 22 - Disgusted

Ellie Lexington

After dinner, I decided to take a walk in the park right in front of the hotel. I put on my hoodie and my sweat pants. I grabbed my phone and put on my shoes. I walked out from my hotel and just looked at the beautiful lights.

As I crossed the road, I saw Kelliane and some of her friends. I decided to make a U turn and bumped right into someone. I looked up and it's Dalton with his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry." I said as I quickly tried to walk past him but he stopped me.

"I'm not in the mood to argue, Dalton. Please.." I begged him to let me go. Instead of letting me go, he brought me to the other side of the hotel.

"It's not safe to walk alone." He said as he let me go.

"That's none of your business." I said as I started walking and he walked beside me. I put my hood on and kept walking trying to ignore his existence.

"What is your problem?!" I was pissed.

"What do you want from me?!" I glared at him and he just looked at me without any emotions.

"Leave me alone!" I hissed and I decided to run. I was trying so hard to run away from him by going into small alleyway. I turned to see him following me and I kept running to lose him.

"Ellie!" He called me and I kept running. I even tried cross the road without stopping the car. I really wanted to lose him so bad that I just didn't care for my life.

"Ellie! God damn it!" I heard Dalton kept calling me but I ignored him. When there's a big road, I was aiming to cross it but Dalton caught me by my upper arms. I heard a loud horn from the car as I bumped right to his chest. He hugged me tightly and I could feel his heart beating so fast.

"The fuck is wrong with you?! You want to die?!" He started to yell at me and I pushed him away.

"Jesus! Ellie!" He hissed as he grabbed my upper arm.

"What do you want?! Leave me alone!" I screamed at him. I looked straight into his eyes.

"Leave me alone, please.. I'm tired facing you." I said as my eyes filled with tears.

"I don't want to do anything with you anymore, Dalton. Please.." I begged and he slowly let my arm go.

"You hate me now huh?" He asked.

"I'm trying to move on, just leave me alone. I'm here for the charity, not to interact with you." I said as I looked away. I tried so hard not to let tears drop from my eyes.

"Fine." He raised both of his hands. I turned around and started walking. Now, I don't even know where I am. I took out my phone and opened the map.

Suddenly I forgot the name of my hotel, I looked around completely confused. I was frustrated and I looked back to my phone like an idiot. I decided to call Sergio as I walked away from Dalton.

Sergio didn't pick up the call.

I started to get a little scared and just followed the big road. I looked around and found myself scared to talk to people. I called Vincent but he too, didn't answer.

I stood there for a moment looking at the road like an idiot. I'm so fucking dumb, how can I not remember the name of the hotel.

Now, I just want to go back to the hotel.

Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and it's Dalton. "I'll let you go when we get back to the hotel." He said without looking at me. I pulled me to follow him as I kept trying to get his hand away from me. He was holding me tightly.

I ended up crying.

"I know you think I'm a fool!" I said and he stopped.

"I bet you're laughing inside because I couldn't find my way home." I said as I pulled my hand away frim him. I squatted down frustrated.

"Ellie."

"Just leave me alone! I will call Sergio to come here.." I said as I opened my phone calling Sergio again.

"Fine! If you want to wait for him, let me stay here. It's late and I'm not leaving you here." He said and I kept trying to call Sergio but no answer. I tried to call Vincent and still same results.

"It's already late and it's getting cold. Let's go back." Dalton said and I ignored him. I put my phone into my pocket and decided to walk across the road. I walked down the stairs and greeted by a beautiful view from the Port Hercule from above.

I kept walking along the path and knew that Dalton keep following me from behind. I turned around and looked at him.

"Tell me the name of the hotel." I said and he shook his head lightly.

"You're happy seeing me like this huh? Dumb and useless?!" And again.. he shook his head.

"What? What do you want? You want to mock me? Brag me about how perfect your girlfriend is?" I was completely losing it.

"I don't know." I looked at him disbelief and I turned around continue to walk again.

"I don't know what went wrong.." He said and that made me stop.

"I didn't forget that night, I did pretend like nothing happened the next day." I turned around and let out a sigh. I put my hands into my pocket and looked at him.

"Just so you know, Dalton. You hurt me a lot. From the start until today, you're the only person who hurt me the most. You demanded me to go to Harvard-"

"I never thought you would take it seriously. I was just saying it because I thought you would back out. It was a pure rejection." He cut me and I ran my hands through my hair.

"Unbelievable!"

"Dalton, I really wish I never see you again. Loving you was my biggest mistake and regret in life. I never thought you would hurt me to this extend. I mean.. I guess I was just dumb to think that you would date me if I get into Harvard." I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Ellie.."

"Don't even say my name again, I feel disgusted when it comes out from your mouth!"