Forgiveness of a deep betrayal

A/N- sorry for not updating in a while. I have just gone back to school and already have a lot of homework and revision to do. I will try my best to update at least once a fortnight.  I have decided to change the plot line a bit. The Potters DON'T have a daughter. Sorry if this is confusing. It'll make more sense as time goes on. 

Previously-

"Why would you care? You never have before. You didn't even fight to keep me, you just let them ship me off. You let me go like I meant nothing to you. Why? What did I do to make you hate me so much? Was I really that crappy, that at a year old you'd think it would be a good idea to get rid of me then replace me?"

Towards the end of my mini-rant I broke down crying, but before he could reply I ran, as far as I possibly could. As fast as I possibly could. Not seeing or knowing what he was thinking or what his reaction was. I was still crying more than I have in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James Potter's P.O.V.

As soon as those words fell from his mouth my heart shattered into a million pieces. Even more so when he ran from me. I tried to call him but he wasn't stopping, so I started to run after him. How can someone with such short legs run so damn fast?

Where is he even going anyway, the Slytherin dorms are the other way. I finally managed to catch up with him in a long since abandoned corridor, right at the end which thank Merlin was a dead end.

He slowly turned around once he saw the dead-end, tears streaming down his face. His chest heaving from running and holding in sobs I think. It's hard to see him like this and not be able to reassure him and hold him close. I think that will cause more damage than helping him calm down.

"Honey, it's not like that, I promise you. I never wanted to give you up, but I also didn't want you to grow up and hate your brother. I also really wanted you to remain the sweet and innocent little boy you were. Giving you up was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Trust me please baby, it took everything in me not to come and get after your mother and Dumbledore left you with your aunt. I've always loved you and always just wanted to hold you in my arms again. I'm so, so sorry." I pleaded for him to understand, feeling the tears pool in my eyes, just hoping he'll understand.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Harry listened to what James had to say and an influx of memories came crashing back. All of which showed how much James and Sirius cared for him. The times where James hadn't abandoned him because Hunter started to scream and cry for attention, unlike his mother.

He remembered that his first two words were to call out for James to hold him, and how happy that made him. He further remembered his third word was calling his godfather. The one who he now knows also wanted to keep him, he even offered for Harry to live with him instead of his aunt and uncle. But Dumbledore said no, that it was best if he went to his muggle relatives, his mother fully agreeing with him. But, James argued for him to stay with Sirius after all he was his godfather, and that's what godfathers are for.

He remembered how before he went to sleep and woke up on his aunt's doorstep, his father was crying and disagreeing with the idea. But his mother said that Hunter was more important, and it was to 'protect' Harry, what a lie that was.

He also remembered how angry his Padfoot was when they said they'd discuss the idea with each other and the headmaster. He remembers how Remus Lupin didn't react. To Harry, it felt like he wasn't good enough to even be concerned about what would happen to him or be one of the man's priorities.

Hadrian Potter-Villarreal's P.O.V.

James never wanted to leave me. He feels guilty for abandoning me and keeping Hunter. But why didn't I remember these things before James explained and apologised? What?