Chapter 4 - Play it Cool

Daniel's Pov:

Katey and I ended up texting all night last night and we agreed that we wouldn't tell our friends until we knew where this was going.

I've been smiling like a dumbass all morning but I can't help it.

"Ok seriously dude what are you on?" Alex asked while we were playing on his Xbox then in an undertone "do ya have any more of it?"

"I'm not on anything you jackass I'm just happy"

"Oh, you got laid last night, I get it"

I shoved him off the couch "dude, no, I didn't get laid"

"leave lover boy alone Alex," Dylan said from the other side of me.

"excuse me?" I said indignantly

"Yeah, what do you mean lover boy?" Alex asked confused 

"Nothing, just a hunch" Dylan smirked

I narrowed my eyes at him but he stayed focused on the game and eventually both Alex and I refocused on the game as well.

"wheres the little one?"

"Oliver? he's out with Ella and Sadie"

"you sure he isn't gay? that kid only hangs with girls" I asked jokingly

"pretty sure but if he is then he can come out when he's good and ready," Dylan said

"so politically correct" Alex chuckled.

"But in all seriousness does he have a thing for one of the girls or something?"

"Nah, they're like sisters to him but the Rebecca chick that hangs out with Claire, now he's got a major crush on her," Dylan responded.

"Rebecca? really? huh, I can see it actually. At least he chose someone his scrawny ass has a chance with." Alex said while shrugging. 

"whose scrawny ass has a chance with who?" Marry asked as she brought down some breakfast.

"Ooooh, I love you Marry, your the best," I said as I took a few pieces of bacon off the plater she brought down.

"See boy's why can't you be this appreciative?" she said rolling her eyes at the twins who both froze with bacon stuffed in their mouths. "now who were you talking about?"

"Olivers got a crush on a girl and we were saying he actually has a shot with her," I said.

"Don't make fun of your brother, in case you don't remember both of you were scrawny leggy little twigs when you were freshman"

"I wasn't making fun!" Alex said

"mhmm," Marry said disbelievingly as she walked back up the stairs. 

---

I told Katey I would pick her up at 9 this morning. The boys will be in the basement playing on the Xbox giving us our best shot at leaving without being noticed. Katey suggested I also park up the block just a bit so it looks like she's walking to the bus if anyone is looking.

So, here I am waiting for her to get in the truck.

"Hey," she said shyly as she crawled into the seat next to me

"hey, you ready?"

"yep, where are we going?"

"Well first we are going to get breakfast at munchie's then we will head to our next destination"

"which would be?"

"you'll just have to wait and see" in other words I don't know either...

We sat and talked at munchies for about an hour and a half before heading out to take a walk by the lake.