Chapter 7 - When they find out

Katelyn's Pov:

A few weeks have passed of Daniel and I sneaking around, and although it was fun at first, I don't like hiding it from everyone, but Daniel says we should wait.

I thought we were just waiting to make sure this was actually going somewhere before telling anyone.

I think it's clear we are going somewhere, but maybe he doesn't feel the same.

I don't want to bring it up because I know he doesn't mean to make me feel like this, but I also feel like I should tell him for the sake of communication and whatever. I'm just torn on which; I don't want to make him feel bad.

I guess I'm also just scared he doesn't see this as any more than a hookup. For the most part, I know that's not true, but there's that tiny part of me that can't believe a guy like Daniel would want me; no one ever really does.

I snuck out of the Thomas's house, and Daniel is driving us to his house. We spend most nights there. It used to be an excuse to talk, make out and fuck, into the night, but it started just becoming a habit, and I like sleeping next to him.

---

"What the hell do you think you're doing with a slut in my house?!" Daniels dad screamed, waking me up. Daniel's hand came and covered my face from sight.

"fuck off, dad, and don't call her that!" Daniel snapped

"don't you speak to me like that; get her out of here; I don't want to see her or any other girl here again," he growled and started to get closer.

"yes, sir," Daniel said through gritted teeth.

When his dad left the room, he gave me his sweatshirt and carried me like a kid clinging to his torso out of the house.

We drove in sleepy silence to the Thomas house. When we got there, we went up to my room, and Daniel wrapped his arms around me from behind,

"I'm sorry about him, Katey."

"it's not your fault."

"I know, but..."

"it's fine, Daniel, but you should go; definitely don't want the boys to come in and find out this way," I said, maybe a little too bitterly.

"I'm not going anywhere; what's wrong. you know what he said isn't true, right?"

"of course I do," I snapped

"then what's wrong," Daniel asked, annoyed

"I just don't want to be your little secret anymore, Daniel. I thought we were just waiting to tell people until we knew we were going somewhere, and I think we are... but if you don't, then just tell me and-"

"of course, I think we're going somewhere."

"then why don't you want to tell anyone. You didn't even want your dad to know." I whispered. I played with his hand while he spooned me.

"Princess, I did that because I didn't want dad to continue to call you names in public. He's an asshole. And as far as telling everyone, I'll do it tomorrow; we'll ride to school tomorrow and walk in together. I'm sorry I made you feel like that princess," he whispered, and I turned my head so we could kiss.

"I should have said something, but it didn't bother me at first," I admitted

"I still never should have made you feel like I didn't want to be with you because I do."

"You really should go through. I wasn't kidding. The guy's sometimes are my wake-up call, and we don't want them to find out we're dating by seeing us in bed together. That wouldn't look so good." I mumbled

"Don't worry, I'll be sneaky and get out of here to the guest bed early in the morning," he said, holding me closer to himself.

---

I heard the twins muttering about a bet on whether I would be here or not. Then the door slowly creaked open. I was too sleepy to care or even really register what I was hearing.

"The fuck?" Alex hissed; his twin only shrugged in response. After a few more seconds of staring, he asked.

"Wait, is that Daniel's sweatshirt she's wearing?" he had a smirk on his face.

"Sure fucking looks like it," Alex whispered back "what the fuck is going on here?" he said loud enough to make both of our sleeping figures jump to wakefulness. I fully realized what I was overhearing and cursed myself inwardly for not realizing sooner and getting Dani to move.

Daniel sat up straight, revealing his face to the twins who were still standing in the doorway.

I, however, only rolled over and muttered, "fucking told you so."

"Not really the time, Kate," Daniel muttered back.

"Meh, meh meh, meh," I grumbled back before burying my face in the pillow.

"You an-and her? Her and you?!" Alex said

"Knew it," Dylan said, leaning against the door frame.

"You knew!!" Alex and Daniel said together in bewilderment.

"I knew you liked her and she, you and I knew you both started secretly seeing someone around the same time; it's not that hard to guess. You're not very good at sneaking around either I thought I saw y'all coming out of a closet at school the other day, but I wasn't positive it was Kate."

"Liar, you didn't know; you would have told me! I'm your twin!"

"I'm not lying. You can ask mom; we have a bet which I just won. She bet they'd tell us. I bet they'd slip up, and we'd find out."

"You two bet on that?" I said, sitting up tiredly.

"Yep,"

"Why didn't you tell me!" Alex whined

"Because you're lousy at keeping a secret."

"Jackass," Alex grumbled to his brother.

---

When Daniel and I walked in together, openly holding hands and being all kissy and shit, rumors spread like wildfire.

"Why did you tell us?!" Sadie squealed

"It was pretty obvious, Sadie. They aren't very sneaky," Ella said with a roll of her eyes.

"Basically what I said" Dylan laughed at Sadie and Alex.

"I have to get to class," Ella said before scurrying away, pulling an annoyed Sadie behind her.

"But we have 15 minutes!" we heard Sadie whine as she was willingly dragged down the hallway.

David left for his class as soon as Ella wasn't part of the group anymore. Despite the way he treated her, the only time he did anything but sulk silently and alone was when he was around Ella. He was a jackass then, but he was at least human

I used to hate him for the way he treated people around him, Ella in particular, and couldn't understand why the others tolerated him in the slightest. That is until I learned what happened to his parents and how he was still a rude bastard before they died. He was their friend.

"I'll walk you to class?" Daniel said

"I would love that!"

Yeah, that wasn't me; that was Alex. Dani pushed his hand into Alex's face, shoving him aside, and started walking with me to my first class.

As he was kissing me goodbye, we heard more people whispering, and for the rest of the day, neither of us went anywhere without hearing whispered conversations about our relationship. Who knew it would be such big news to strangers?

Most of the rumors were about when we got together and stupid shit, but I heard some of the cheerleaders talking about how it was a bet to get my virginity. Funny, they think I was a virgin when I met Daniel in the first place.