Chapter 14 - Stalker

Daniel's Pov:

I woke up and vaguely registered something moving behind me on the bed

"Donut, get your fat ass off my bed," I grumbled, thinking it was my ancient golden retrieve. He wasn't allowed on my bed since he would shove me off rather than snuggle like a normal fucking dog. He also had a knack for getting his ass in my face.

I heard a giggle, "It's not Donut."

Katey's Pov:

"How the hell did you get here?" Dani asked as he rolled over in bed.

"I Ubered," I said with a shrug.

"In the middle of the night? What were you thinking?"

"I didn't want to be alone," I sniffed.

"What's wrong," he said immediately and pulled me close.

"I found this on my bed when I came back upstairs after you left."

He reached over and turned on his side lamp. He opened the folder, and his eyes went wide, "what the hell?"

The folder was full of pictures of me.

Some were just me hanging around, and others were of me getting dressed. There were even a few more compromising photos of Dani and me and a note that said, "I warned you, baby."

"I found these in my locker the day before the game," I said and pulled the pictures out of my jacket pocket.

None of them were all that personal. One was of me in front of my locker; a couple of me at the field at different times and one of me at Munchies diner. There was a note attached to it that said, "stay away from him; I'll be watching."

It scared me when I found those pictures in my locker, but I was so distracted that day that I didn't even take it seriously. I assumed it was Jess or Olivia.

Now I know better.

I sniffed "he was in my room, I-I didn't know what to do, so I went and sat in the game room with the boys till they all went to bed, then I came here. He got into my room. I didn't want to stay there."

"It's ok princess, we'll go to the police in the morning, ok? We'll get help,"

"That won't work," I cried and curled up against his chest.

"Yes, it will; the police will put a stop to all this, I promise." he pulled me tight against himself.

" that will just make him mad," I whispered.

"I promise if you'd just-"

"Just what, Dani? I already went to the police after he-.... never mind," I whispered.

"No, tell me," he said gently.

I sighed and knew I'd tell him eventually anyway, even if I didn't want to think about it right now. "He was great at first, but I guess that's how all these kinds of things start."

**Flashback**

I don't know where I am or how I got here, but I do know my head is clearer than it has been since I don't know when. I really don't know how long it's been, days, weeks,... months, since I was fully sober.

I managed to get home only to find an empty house. Dad must be off on a "business trip" again.

I hid out in my room, scared that James was going to find me.

I knew he would beat the living shit out of me when he found me.

I could remember enough of the last... however long to tell you that it is much better to just do what he wanted than to feel his wrath.