6

Edit-ish???

-Cassie's POV-

I was waiting for Elliot downstairs as he got ready. I was sitting on the couch looking up at the ceiling. One thought just ran through my head, this is weird like super weird. Like think about it, we are being very civil right now. Maybe I got tired of hating him and just gave up. I won't say we're friends but we aren't strangers either.

"You ready?" His head appeared above me and I straightened myself up.

"Yes I'm ready let's go my big servant." I said.

"Your servant?" Elliot stood there in shock.

"Yes now let's go!" I pointed to the front door like we're going on an adventure.

As we neared the car he took the car keys from my hand and went to the driver seat. Wow he really is playing up to this servant role really well. I'm kind of proud of him right now. We got into the car and I told him to drive into town.

The car ride to say the less was quiet, we didn't talk at all. Which I didn't mind, I mean what would we talk about? I doubt we have anything in common besides the shared feeling of annoyance. Me and him live in two different worlds, as cliche that it sounds it's true.

He parked the car and I went to the cart area to grab one. I got out the grocery list and just let out a big sigh, there's so much she wants me to buy. Well it's her money, still though this is going to be a cart full of stuff. Good things I bought the ice packs in the car to keep everything cool.

"What is your mom raising to have this big of a grocery list?" Elliot asked as he peered down at the paper.

"Two teenage boys, and a husband who eats like 4 plates." I snorted.

"I feel bad for her." He commented.

"Don't we all?" I said.

First section the fresh produce area. I instructed him to grab some things while I went to another area to grab out necessities. It was a rather smooth grocery shopping, there was a moment of time where we did bicker about orange juice or apple juice. Childish I know but it was something that needed to be discussed about. We headed to the registers and started to unload. The cashier lady gave us bright smiles and we returned one towards her.

"So how long have you guys been together?" She asked with adoring eyes and I just froze. Us. A couple?

I have to laugh.

"Oh we aren't a couple, he's my servant for the day." I pointed towards him.

"I am a human being you know that right?" Elliot snorted.

"At times you are, other times you aren't." I smiled at him.

"Aw aren't you two just cute bickering!" Is she dense? There's literally no romantic feelings between us. Even a baby could probably pick it up that we don't.

"Ha ha right." I laughed awkwardly and paid for the groceries. I gave Elliot a look to hurry up and put everything in the cart before she tries to instigate us further. Let me tell you, I've never seen a cart loaded up quick until today.

We practically ran out of the grocery store to the car with an awkward air around us. Hell we didn't even mutter a thing between us. I just helped him put the groceries into the trunk and we sat in the car unmoving.

"So...where to next?" He asked.

"You want to get ice cream?" I think ice cream is a great way to solve problems don't you think. I mean if you hate ice cream you automatically become my enemies. Unless you're lactose intolerant then I'll give you a pass.