10

Edited??

-Cassie's POV-

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I was just tossing and turning all night. I splashed water on my face and walked out going into my closet. Today is a pack meeting with the neighboring pack, it happens every 3 months to ensure peace amongst us. Kind of like a summit in a sense. I'm filling in Toby and Jay for today since they have other pack duties. I grabbed my suit and started to get dressed. The white collared button up was making me feel stuffy but I have to deal with it. Before I went downstairs I checked my appearance again. I look good I'll admit the massive eye bags add something to it.

I met my dad in the kitchen, he too was wearing a nice suit for todays meeting. It's not odd to see dad not wearing some dress up shirt since he usually does for work. My dad eyes landed on me and he raised his eyebrow.

"It's weird seeing you so dressed up." He gestured to my clothes.

"I know I feel stuffy, I just have to bear with it for a few hours." I grumbled.

"Your brothers filled you in right about todays meeting?" He asked me.

"Yes, they gave me a whole run down." I nodded my head.

"Well if that's the case let's head out, it's going to take us about an hour to get there." My dad grabbed the car keys and I followed him out to the car.

To keep it short and simple the car ride was relatively quiet here and there. We talked about what was going to be discussed at the meeting and just catching up with what was going in our lives. Dad spends most of his time at the pack house or doing alpha duties so he's not home all the time. I remember when I was little I used to cry when he was gone for long periods of time.

I sure have grown up.

When we did get to the meeting place, I couldn't help but notice all the black cars parked. Now it just screams strictly business, I let out a deep sigh and exited out the car. Dad told me the meeting will start about 15 minutes. I wandered around a bit listening to some music. I have to talk about the fail/success of my mission. No one died on our side, however we didn't get information from that hunter. We still don't have any leads.I checked the time on my wrist and I need to head to the meeting room. When I turned around I ran into someone and I dropped my phone. I took out my earphone and sighed down kneeling down to pick up my phone.

"Sorry about that Cassie." It was not a familiar voice, and this scent was no recognizable. I looked up and my breathing stopped for a moment. I snatched my phone from the ground and jumped away from them.

"Y-You!" I was immediately put on defensive.

"No need to be defensive Cassie. Aren't we friends?" Ace asked as he took a step forward towards me.

"Friends? That friendship we had, was severed many years ago you fucking maniac." I seethed. I kept walking backwards and he just kept coming towards me. I'm not afraid of a lot of things, but this one right here I am. He's not right in the head, and I mean it.

"Aw that hurts my heart, we were the best of friends. It's a shame you can't trust me." He smiled innocently at me and I literally stuck my tongue out at him from disgust.

"Why would I trust you, after what you did?! You literally be-" I walked back too far towards the steps and I lost my footing. I was bracing myself for the impact and it never came. The feelings of relief washed over me but also disgust with the hand that was holding my wrist.

"You can let her go, I got her." Elliot spoke as he held me up from behind. Ace attention went to Elliot and he looked disinterest. Ace let go of my wrist and took a step back away from me.