11

-Cassie's POV-

I peeked down from the cliff watching the waves crash into the cliffside. Elliot wasn't wrong this is a nice place to runaway too. Despite it being a 30 minute drive it was worth it. I wonder how he found this place, it's pretty secluded and covered by the massive tall trees.

Elliot came back from the car with some random blanket and set it on the ground. We both took a seat and just sat there in silence. I listened to the birds screeching about, and the waves. Yes this was indeed calming and it was letting myself think a bit.

"So...what happen between you and Ace?" Elliot broke the silence and I pursed my lips in a thin line.

"Damn no warning? Just gonna ask like that?" I joked and looked at him. He rolled his eyes and leaned back a bit.

"Yes, I'm not going to sugar coat it. I'm genuinely curious and concerned since you're not afraid of no one." Elliot explained.

"Ah you've been keeping an eye on me I see. Good to know." I said.

"Cassie..." He was very serious and I started to fiddle with my hands. I don't like telling the story since it was so haunting for a kid to see you know. Especially the betrayal I felt too.

"Ok remember how we had a war with the Black Hallow a few years ago?" I started.

"Yeah." He nodded his head trying to remember it.

"Well it started from there."

-A few years ago-

I wandered around the forest a bit looking for Ace, we were playing a rough game of tag and now he disappeared. He masked his scent on purpose so I couldn't find him easily. I was standing in a clearing and heightened my senses so I can hear everything around me. Then in that very moment I heard a rustling sound.

A shadow loomed over me and I quickly grabbed them by the collar of their shirt slamming them onto the ground. I was staring down at blue eyes and a stupid goofy smile appeared on their lips.

"Didn't need to be that rough!" Ace cried out.

"You jumped out of a tree?! I had every right to do that!" I smacked him in the arm and he groaned out in pain.

"You broke my back Cass!"Ace hit me back and at this point we were rolling on the ground wrestling fighting.

"Hey hey break it up!" My dad pulled us apart but we were still reaching for each other trying to at least get one good punch on each other.

"He started it!"

"No she did!"

"You guys are suppose to be best friends but you're fighting like this?" My dad shook his head. Me and Ace snorted and faced away from each other with our arms across our chest. My dad started to laugh, his hands landed on the top of our heads giving us a good ruffle.

"It's getting late why don't you two head back to the pack house." My dad ushered us down the path. The two of us just nodded our heads and continued to walk to the pack house.

Me and Ace didn't speak a word to each other at all. It was pure raging silence, I mean it's his fault he's the one that attacked me. I felt a nudge to my side and I glance to see Ace puckering his lips and I smacked his face.

"You're disgusting." I grumbled.

"Come on you know you love me! We're best friends!" He laughed out.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I nudged him back with my elbow and we laughed out a bit.

Ace has been a good friend of mines since I was 7 years old. We were like two peas in a pod and shared one brain cell literally. We cause trouble everywhere in the pack house with our pranks. No one could stop us, we were a perfect duo if I may say so myself.