17

-Elliot's POV-

It's been a month, a month since the battle and Cassie hasn't woken up. There was a lot of wolves bane in her body. The doctors were surprised she even survived, it was a deadly amount. They said she was in a coma, and it was good way for her to heal herself. But it was taking forever, almost as if she was dead. I know she's not dead, I know her conscious is still there. I even tried to mind link her hoping someway she would respond. It was stupid but I just had to try it out for my own sanity.

My wolf is definitely not taking it well either, he's been ignoring me. Understandable, it' this other half that's hurt and they almost died. To me everything is just slowly falling apart and I'm on the verge of losing it. My mood became more unstable, I've been pissed off a lot. I don't even let people mention Cassie or I'll literally explode. I tried doing more paper work or even focus on school to get my mind off of her. It's not working at all, I've just been suffering. Hell I can't even sleep properly because I'm worried. I'm worried if I sleep she would just die and I'll loser forever.

Everything in the pack was getting back to normal, father came back to assist what to do with Nolan's renaming pack members. Majority we let go, though some we did have to execute or even lock up. Veronica and Jenny will have to spend the rest of their days in the pack cell or just forced labor. Their parents begged not to kill them, so we decided to go with that option. Ace on the other hand, he was killed.

I walked out of my office to my room to get ready for school. I've been spending more time at the pack house than my own home. I went to my room that was here, so I can get ready for school. I got dressed quickly and headed to the main floor of the pack house.

Suddenly I felt a pair of small arms wrap around my torso. I looked down to see David there smiling up at me. Mrs. Dawson told me Cassie saved him from the battle and took him under her wing. When I heard that he was Nolan's little brother I was hesitant on letting him stay here, but I trust Cassie so I let him stay. Especially after hearing how Nolan killed this own parents, I couldn't abandon the kid.

David took a liking to me for some reason, he said in own words I have Cassie's scent on me so he feels safe and protected. When I'm free I would try to spend time with him so he won't be lonely. A lot of the pack members kids didn't want to get close to him for his background. He's outcasted here, to which I feel bad. I need to have a meeting about this situation too.

"What's up big head." I ruffled his hair and he smiled up at me.

"My head is not big! Yours is big!" He scoffed and then proceeded to punch my arm with his tiny little first.

"Well to me it is." I smiled down at him, his eyes twinkled like stars.

"You finally smiled!" David cried out. Kids sometimes can brighten up your mood.

"Let's get some food." I said and started to drag him along with me to the kitchen.

We made it to them kitchen and I went to the cabinet to grab some cereal. I poured him a bowl and myself. We sat down on the table and ate. My mom walked in with a basket of laundry and her eyes landed on us.

"He looks like your son Elliot." My mom said.

"Talking about kids already mom?" I said as I put a mouthful of cereal in my mouth.

"Yes I can't wait to see my grandkids! Well in the future, focus on your education first then kids later." She said firmly. I nodded my head and let out a little laugh.

I looked at the time and saw I had to leave for school. I bid my goodbyes to David and my mom. I grabbed all my belongings and headed out the door. I went to my car and made my journey to the school. I drove really slow since I was dreading to even go there. Everyone was weary of me there, they were scared if they just speak to me I would explode. Which I won't but I'll admit my stoic look has worsen over this month.