9

Edited???

--Cassie's POV-

"Are you fucking insane? You could've died!" Toby scolded me as he shoved cereal in my mouth.

Nagging that's all I hear the moment I woke up from my injuries. Just plain nagging, can't an injure girl have some peace. I chewed on my cereal and waved Toby off and he just look like he got more mad.

"And I didn't. I'm fine, and I saved a life" I said but it was kind of unclear from the cereal in my mouth.

"Cassie at least put your life first before others!" He snapped. I was going to respond until a knock came from my door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened to reveal my grandma, she gave me a tight smile and I looked away.

"How are you doing?" She took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Good but it still hurts though." I said.

"Ok let me see." I lifted up my shirt and she started to heal my wound. It was going to take some time because of the silver knife. It's illegal to have one, so I do not know who gave it that girl. Not only that but we can't trace it either.

"Did you find anything on that girl or no?" I asked Toby.

"No, there was no clues on her." He sighed out.

"Great, even better." I grumbled. I plopped down on my bed and groaned out. I just want to find out soon on who hired her. This could take months of my time now to figure it all out. I grabbed my pillow and pulled it over my head.

"Oh by the way a boy is here, his name is Elliot." I sat up from my bed and looked at my grandma.

"Elliot's here? Why would he?" Toby questioned.

"He's here now?"

"Yes now."

I got out of my bed and ran downstairs, oh wow he is here. I ran to the door and opened it, he was sitting on the steps staring at the sky. He looked behind him and quickly stood up from the stairs. I didn't move, in fact I don't even know why I even ran down here so quick.

"Are you ok? Are you healing fine?" He asked as he walked up towards me.

"Yes I'm fine, my grandma helped on healing me. Are you ok after that flash bomb?" I asked him.

"Yeah I am. It just disoriented me a bit that's all." My mouth formed an 'O' and I nodded my head.

Now we were just standing there not sayin anything to each other. What do I say, my mind was literally going blank. I fiddled with my thumbs and grabbed his wrist. He looked at my hand then at my face.

"Um I guess we're even now, since you helped me out with my heat thing." I blurted out. Elliots quirked up an eyebrow and he looked confused.

"No I think you almost dying definitely outweighs how I helped you during your heat." He pointed.

"Just accepted it and it's not the first time I got stabbed with a silver knife trust me." I huffed out. Now he was just giving me a weird look and I let go of his wrist. I went behind my door and peeked from behind it.

"Well I'm fine so no need to worry, you can go home now. See you at school...in like two days I'm still healing. But I'm fine I swear. Bye!" I closed the door on him and I leaned back against the door. I slapped my face, why am I'm acting idiotic for? Am I going insane?

I ran my hand through my face and I looked up to see my mom just standing there with a shocked face. I can't believe my mom just saw me act like that.