Take the Mark?

Ron and Seamus were walking through the corridors on their way back to Gryffindor Tower, when they overheard furtive whispers coming from an abandoned classroom. They crept closer to eavesdrop. Inside, they heard Fred and George talking with Lee Jordan.

"So, are you two going to take the Mark?" Lee said. "The Prince of Shadows wants to know whether he can count on your everlasting allegiance." "I don't know, Lee," George said. "I mean, you know we'll always support him."
"We're in total agreement with his aims," Fred added.

"But binding ourselves to him forever?" George went on. "Isn't that a bit dangerous?" "The Prince commands it," Lee said simply. "If you refuse, he will smite you and cast you out from amongst his followers." "I don't know, Lee," Fred muttered.

"Aries and Draco have already taken the Mark," Lee continued. "I'm planning on taking it tomorrow. Now is the time for you to decide. Are you for us or against us?" "I'm in," Fred sighed. "Me too," said George.

"Excellent," Lee replied. "Soon all of Hogwarts will be under our master's dominion. No more will people think of him simply as Dean Thomas, Gryffindor third-year. Instead, all the school will tremble at the name of Lord Mini-Mort." "Hail Mini-Mort," murmured Fred and George in hushed, reverent tones.

Their footsteps echoed as they walked towards the door. Ron and Seamus exchanged a horrified look and ran for it. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Ron panted when they reached the top of the stairs.

Seamus nodded. "We've got to stop them. But we're going to need some help." "We should let Hermione Granger know what we heard," Ron suggested. "She probably knows spells we can use to defeat Dean's Dark powers." "Who'd have ever thought it of him?" Seamus said sadly. "I always thought he was a decent bloke."

"That what happens when you spend so much time with people like Black and Malfoy," Ron spat. "It rubs off on you. Even my own brothers are going to join him." "I guess so," Seamus said. "Still, I'd have thought Black or Malfoy was more likely to become the ringleader than Dean."

"So would I," Ron agreed, shaking his head sadly. "Dean must have Dark magic that we never imagined." He suddenly groaned, and turned very pale. "What is it?" Seamus asked.
"You know how no one knows who Dean's real father is?" Ron asked. Seamus nodded. "What if it's You-Know-Who?"

Seamus gasped. "Do you really think that's possible?" "It must be," Ron said adamantly. "It's the only explanation that makes sense!Around the corner, Fred, George and Lee huddled behind a suit of armour, clutching the Marauder's Map and sniggering uncontrollably.