The Bruises

After Clytemnestra went downstairs from tucking in Harry she went into her music room to play some piano to help relax her mind. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. "Enter" she called lifting her hands from the piano and turning to face the door. In walked Dawson, her face puffy and red almost like she had been crying. "I'm sorry to disturb you Madam Black, but I discovered something that I believe I need to bring to your attention. "What is that? Clytemnestra asked her curiosity peaked by Dawson's appearance and how distraught that she seemed. "Well it is about young Harry that you brought home with you this evening," she said with pure anger in her normally soft voice.

Clytemnestra got up from the piano bench and moved over to the set of chairs in the corner, gesturing to the other one for Dawson she waited for her to be seated and continue. Dread slowly building up inside her. "Well I don't know where you found him, but it is a good thing that you got him out when you did. He had extreme bruises all over his body." Clytemnestra gasped, hating those filthy muggles even more; Dawson looked at her with sadness. "Are you positive that they are not simply from an accident?" Clytemnestra asked just to make sure. "I know what the bruises from abuse look like," Dawson said. Her eyes glazed over momentarily caught in her own memories. "Clytemnestra gently reached over and grabbed her hand pulling her out of her memories. "You will need to keep a close eye on him," Dawson said her voice shaking. "It doesn't matter how young, those memories will always haunt him and if there is no one there to support him it will only grow worse." Clytemnestra nodded her head, understanding what Dawson was saying.

After a few minutes of the women just sitting there while Dawson continued to regain her composure Clytemnestra got up and thanked Dawson for bringing this to her attention. "Marius and I will be heading out of town tomorrow and I am not sure when we will be back, please keep the house in good repair and clean. You are in charge of the Manor until we return." Dawson looked at her in shock, "Yes ma'am," she replied as she scurried up after Clytemnestra and started thinking about all the responsibilities that that will entail. While she was thinking Clytemnestra left the room and headed off to find her husband.

She finally located him in the library making notes of things that needed to be bought for Harry and what needed to be done to make everything comfortable for all three of them. Upon her entrance into the room Marius looked up and noticed the upset look on her face. Quickly getting up and coming over to his wife he embraced her and waited while she shed tears. After a long while Clytemnestra regained her composure and relayed what Dawson had told her. Marius' anger returned and he started plotting what he could do to avenge his great-nephew. He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice Clytemnestra calling his name, finally a light shove brought him out of his hostile planning. Looking down at her he listened as she said "We can't retaliate or do anything to them over this." in shock he just couldn't believe what he was hearing. "If we retaliate then Dumbledore will know that something happened and he could be taken away from us." Finally Marius' anger calmed down and he realized the wisdom that his wife was speaking. "You are right, of course my dear," he finally admitted. We will just have to make sure to take as good care of Harry as we possibly can to make up for the horrible muggles. Sighing at the lack of being able to do anything else, the two went off to bed themselves, although no one could hear the soft crying of one maid who was reliving the worst of her abuse that night and praying that young Harry never had to deal with the nightmares and pain that terrorized her every moment.