7: Mother of Dragon

Sorry for the mistakes
--------------------
Nandini's pov

I haven't seen Manik since Last week. The last time I saw him was on the trials day of soccer. We haven't talked on call or text either.

I thought he would text me or something after talking to me for 41 minutes, and not to forget 33 more seconds, but he ghosted me like I never existed.

All this week, I literally stopped myself from texting him, but in the end my mind got lost in the battle between mind and heart.

So, keeping my self respect aside, the impatient me texted him " hey " and he replied to me after 9 hours with a single " hi "

In these 9 hours, I checked my whatsapp again and again to see if he has seen my text or not, if he is online or not, and damn he was online every freaking time yet he didn't replied, not once.

Is this what having crush feels like?

Waiting for a single 'hi' I spent my whole day, without eating, studying or doing anything productive.

I never knew this crush thing could be this tiring, when he wasn't talking to me then atleast, I didn't have any hope and now when I have his contact number, I'm not able to control. I'm losing my mind and peace.

Also, Zara, Jovi, and Divya were so proud of me when I narrated my Avionics Class incident. To celebrate my so called punishment, we went for a walk inside the campus.

My friends wanted to go for Cycling, but I don't know how to cycle.

Embarassing, I know!

Anyways, after walking for sometime, we decided to have Burger, reaching the food court Zara went to take our order while the three of us stood by the side talking randomly.

" Shit " Jovi gasped, Divya and me look at her with a confused face and then saw in the direction where her eyes were fixed

Looking sideways, I saw Manik with a new girl getting cosy in the middle of food court. The girl at his side, looks familiar but as her back was facing me, I couldn't recognise.

His one hand was on her lower waist while with the other he was tracing her neck.

Aren't they aware that its a freaking food court?

Seeing him with the other girl, it hurts like every other time. I was blankly looking at them, when all of a sudden the girl looked sideways blushing, which made her face visible and I was shocked to see her

" Shreya " I whispered

My so called Classmate, who talks to me like I'm her best friend. A few days back she was giving me tips and tricks on how to approach Manik.

Seems like she's testing the tricks on herself first!

I felt like someone back-stabbed me. I was still staring at them when Zara's voice brings me out of my thoughts

" Should I spoon feed yo-? " She stopped in the middle when she saw where we were looking at

I averted my gaze from them to see my friends already looking at me with a sad face.

" Uhh ch- cheese burgers " I said acting like nothing happened

At this point of time, I didn't want to say or listen anything. Fortunately they didn't said anything and smiled

We all acted like nothing happened, but our faces tell the whole different story.

" Lets go, its late. The warden would kill us " Divya said and everyone nodded