16: Tag Along

Sorry for the mistakes.

Nandini's pov

To be very honest, I don't know how am I feeling? Am I happy, angry or sad, I have no idea.

When I break this news to my friends via video call, they were shocked beyond the core. It was hilarious to watch their faces.

Talking about Manik, he didn't say no as well, but by the look on his face, I knew he was sulking and annoyed with this whole marriage Idea.

Before leaving Manik whispered in my ears that he won't leave me.

And my crazy self without thinking for a second replied " I don't want you to"

What is wrong with me?

Can't I be like other people for once!

It was decided that the wedding would be a close knit ceremony with no media person, distant relatives or neighbours.

The engagement is by the end of this month from Delhi, while the wedding would be after a month of engagement from Mumbai.

Mumma told me to apply for my Job transfer to Mumbai, for this I had an argument with her. As I said why can't Manik shift to Bengaluru?

To which my mother got angry and started lecturing about traditions and society.

So, I made a deal with her that either I'll get a transfer or I'll learn to do household chores. Hearing this she literally started running towards me to beat me but I ran off.

If my mother is stubborn then I'm triple stubborn than her, and atlast she agreed to me.

And that is why here I'm applying for my transfer to Mumbai. I informed Jovi and she was screaming on the phone telling me how much fun we will have.

I haven't heard anything about Manik since he left my house after giving me the warning.

My mother has gone mad, the whole time whenever I talk to her she only says one thing Manik this, Manik that, Manik loves his Mom, Manik respect others, Manik do whatever his mom wants. My mother is totally smitten by Manik and his fake manners.

In all this chaos, I remembered about the texts which I use to send him.

Shit!!

After thinking for a while, I came to the conclusion that no matter what the situation is, I'll never give my Mobile number to Manik.

Its not like he's dying to get my number and knowing him, he won't ask my number from his Mom or friends because of his unbeatable egoistic nature.

My transfer leave would be sanctioned after 2 weeks and I would be joining from Mumbai office by the start of next month.

I was calculating everything in my mind that what I need to do and what things I have to take care of when I recieved a call from an unknown number.

Frowning, I received only to hear my mother in law's energetic voice "Hello Nandini "

" Hi Aunty, how are you? " I asked smiling.

Manik's mom is totally opposite of him. She's sweet and kind while he's just arrogant

" What is Aunty? Call me Mom " she ordered

" Oh ok M-Mom " I said with a lot of hesitation

" No need for hesitation, I Called you as we need to finalise the engagement ring. If you have any design in your mind, you can tell me? " She asked