Moving Forward

Kylo proceeded to have two more helpings of the nerf stew along with some bread.

"Damn, that man can eat," I thought to myself.

After cleaning up, I went back to my room and sat on the floor across from Kylo.

"So, what do we do now? We didn't get any intel from that meeting or any leads," I said.

"Honestly, Vic, I don't know," he replied pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Well haven't you noticed recently that resistance leaders have been a bit bold recently showing their faces after they destroyed the Starkiller?" 

"Yea, I guess." he sighed.

"If we hunt them down, don't you think that will get us somewhere?" I tilted my head down a little bit to meet his gaze.

"I mean it's our only option at this point naturally"

"Well then, " I got up and got my datapad "let's get crackin, Ren" I offered him a hand up.

He looked at me in the eyes for a few seconds, hesitated, then grasped my hand, letting me pull him up.

"If we are going to do this we are going to need backup. Wherever the leaders are hiding, there is bound to be legions of traitor scum protecting them." He said.

"Does that mean we have to go back?" I groaned

He shook his head. "No, just to the Star Destroyer, not the Supremacy"

After tidying up the ship we started our way to the Star Destroyer

"So who are you going to ask for backup?" I asked

He groaned and scowled. "Your little boyfriend, General Hux" 

I blushed madly.

There was a time in my life when I was younger that I did have a little crush on Hux. When I finally mustered the courage to tell him I liked him, he politely and earnestly told me he would rather us stay as friends, due to the nature of our work and that I was the daughter of the supreme leader, it wouldn't work. So I put my big girl pants on and stayed his friend. Eventually, I stopped having a crush on him and became really good genuine pals. But there was a tiny place in the back of my mind that said "what if...?"

Seeing my reaction made Ren chuckle. He knew I used to have a crush on Armitage. The way he knew? The sneaky Jedi killer used his force mind-reading of course! According to Kylo, Hux kept thinking about how I had a crush on him, and he was thinking about it so much that Kylo heard his thoughts all the way across the ship. Ren gave me so much shit for the next two weeks teasing me about my crush on the ginger.

"H-he is not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed.

"Well boyfriend or not, he can get us the squadrons we need" Kylo chuckled.

"Can't I ask him?"

"You're not leading this mission, I am. Remember" snickering, he put his feet up on my dashboard.

"Says who?!" I grimaced and pushed them off.

"The same man who made me the Heir to the First Order, your father" He spat.

My blood boiled with rage. I wanted to kill him right then and there, but the success of the first order depended on this mission. 

I wanted to rant so badly to Hux in that moment so I put the ship in hyperspeed, even though I didn't need to since we were already close to the Star Destroyer.

Two seconds into hyperspace the ship's lights started flashing red and alarms blaring. We were about to crash into our destination in less than 8 seconds.

Ren immediately straightened up in his seat and clutched the arm rests, obviously tense.

"Vic, we're gonna crash slow the ship down" He said shakily.

6 seconds,

I smiled deviously. This is a little stunt I did all the time to scare people when I was out on my own. I hadn't used it on Ren yet. Yea it was super dangerous, but it was a win-win. If I did it successfully, I looked cool. If I messed it up and crashed, I would perish. 

"Vic...!"

3 seconds.

"VIIICCCCC!" he shouted.

1 second.

I pulled the lever to slow us down right in time, only a few feet from the docking bay of the Star Destroyer and a mere few inches between us and an incoming ship who was planning to land in the bay.

"VIC WHAT THE KRIFF?!" He screamed, frozen in his spot

"What?!" I laughed maniacally 

He had a dumbfounded, shocked look on his face. I almost felt bad for him.

I parked the ship in the dock and got up, starting to get out of the cockpit. He was still sitting there, mouth slightly open.

I lightly tapped his face with my palm "Wake up sweetie, you've got a favor to ask" I chuckled, then exited the ship. I heard him clamor inside for his helmet and stepping out of the ship.

Standing next to me, he turned his head and said through the crackled and raspy voice "You're fucking crazy, it's kinda fun"

I blushed for the second time today. I was stuck in place. Did he just compliment me or something???

As I was puzzling, I felt a leathered hand gently slap my face, with a caress lingering at the end.

"Wake up darling" I could hear the smirk in his voice. "you've got traitors to track"

In the next blink of an eye, he was walking away, cape billowing behind him.

I put my hand on the same spot his was.

What the hell was this guy??