Unexpected encounters

(A/n:sry for the short chapter MOSTLY FLUFF :( longer one next time)

I woke up the next day, recharged and ready to kick butt. Practically springing out of bed, I danced my way into the refresher, disrobing and getting in the shower. Bushing my hair, shaving, and belting into my hairbrush were only a few elements of my routine. After finishing my ballads and shower, I hopped out, wrapping myself in a towel. I then headed to my room since no one was there, since I didn't see Kylo sleeping on the floor in my whirlwind of dancing. But then again that was kind of a blur and I couldn't see well due to my bedhead practically covering my eyes. And anyway, he does have his own room on the Star Destroyer so he should be there.

But I was wrong!

I stepped into the room and Kylo was sitting up, stretching. As soon as I entered, both pairs of eyes widened, our faces reddened, and I yelped.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!" I shrieked but he was already squeezing his eyes shut and pressing his hands flat on his closed eyes.

"I-i-i- i'msosorryididn'tmeantoithoughtyouknewiwashere" He said in a quick jumble of words. He sounded sort of sheepish, soft, sincere...

"GET OUT!!" I yelled a little bit more gently.

"Yes ma'am" He got up and after bumping into a few things with his eyes covered and shut, eventually made it to the door.

I followed with "And don't call me 'ma'am!'", and promptly shut the blaster doors.

Face still red as a beet, I got dressed, and did my makeup. After collecting the things I might need for the day and most importantly, myself, I exited my room.

Kylo was waiting for me.

"I am so sorry I should have woken you up and let you know I was here when I came in last night" he stammered.

"Why did you even come here? Don't you have your own room?" I replied, flustered as ever.

"It's not safe for you to sleep in your ship when it's in the bay. Nevertheless alone. I didn't want to move you to your room on the Star Destroyer since I know you hate being there and it makes you uncomfortable..." Kylo sighed and looked away from me, almost embarrassed

"...I just couldn't go to sleep knowing you were alone out here. If something happened to you I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

I felt myself blushing again. That was actually kinda sweet and...thoughtful of him?!

"Kylo..." I tilted my head to meet his gaze. "You didn't have to do that, you know I can protect myself"

Ren smiled at me. "Vic, you sleep like a rock. If we were attacked you would snooze right through it"

I snickered and smiled back. "Well... thank you for watching out for me. What do we have to do today, Commander?"

The ramp to the ship opened and he put his helmet on as we were walking down it.

"We are meeting with you're boooyyyfrienndd about..." he sang obnoxiously, just like when we were younger.

I stumbled a bit, clenching my fists, red as a beet "Kylo we already had a talk about this" I said sternly and quietly.

"Do I look like I give a kriff, cause I don't. Besides it's kinda cute when you get all flustered, it's fun to watch" the tone in his voice went from sassy to sincere.

"Well first of all you don't look anything because of that stupid mask." I said, his head lowered slightly, he seemed a bit offended and sad. But only for a moment because I followed with "You should wear it less often...I like seeing your face more"
I felt myself blush when I admitted that. He really was a handsome guy...
There was a moment of silence and I could tell he was flustered and blushing too.

Exposition and back story! You can skip if you'd like!
~~~
I hate to say it, but flirting and joking with him is fun. I spent years resenting him, and I still do, but for years even before that, believe it or not, I crushed on him as well.
Now I know what you're thinking, geez she just crushes on every one doesn't she? But understand that my father, he was very protective of me in the sense that I was to be the heir, I couldn't really hang out with people or date them. I didn't have many friends as a growing teenager, it was just the stormtroopers, Kylo and Hux. So naturally, they were the only love interests.

But best believe that when I did crush on Kylo, I kept those thoughts protected so he wouldn't be able to read my mind. But intuition can be stronger than mind reading. He approached me one day and straight up asked.
I was learning how to identify all the buttons on the control panel for containing prisoners with a Senior guard. Kylo quietly into the room without me noticing and tapped my shoulder, which spooked me, prompting me to yelp.
The guard saluted and greeted him.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt her lesson, but can I pull her aside for just a second" Kylo asked surprisingly polite.

"Of course commander"

Kylo grabbed my arm, and pulled me out into the hallway to another room that was empty.

"Dude what is going on? You're acting weird" I said, crossing my arms.

He stood in front of me and looked straight into my eyes

"Do you have a crush on me, Vic?" He asked quietly.

I immediately started blushing.

"Y-yea" I replied sheepishly

"Okay" his face never changed expression.

And then he left the room. Without saying anything else.

I stood there flabbergasted. What does okay mean? He didn't reject me or confess feelings, so what did he mean?

As burning as these questions were, I didn't chase after him, I never asked how he felt towards me. Either way we wouldn't work out.

After that we just carried on like usual. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, we just kept to our routine.

So flirting with him like this, him calling me cute and him trying to protect me, this was mayyyybeeeee bringing up some of those crush feelings again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylo chuckled "Don't let your boo know you like seeing my pretty face, he might get jealous"

"Why do you keep implying Hux and I are dating? I huffed.

"I could hear your thoughts last night.Him calling you "my girl." Also I didn't know you guys had those nicknames for each other" I could hear the shit eating grin on his face.

"Can you just shut up and accept the compliment" I stammered.

"Alright alright I'll drop it" he sighed

"Thank the Maker" I huffed.