And Off We Go

I ran into the ship dock and towards my ship. On the ramp stood the ever imposing figure of Ren

"Fashionably late as always" He scoffed through his mask.

"Shut up, bucket head" I smacked his helmet lightly, about to start walking past him.

He put his foot out and tripped me, sending me falling. I threw out my hand to use the force to dampen my fall but Kylo caught me in his leathered arms.

"You better watch your step and your words, they might be your downfall" he said.

Sighing, I got back on my feet and walked into my ship, pressing the button to bring up the ramp. Going to the control panel I sat down and started to warm up the ship, going through my routine for take-off. As I pulled out of the dock, Ren sat in the passengers seat.

"We need to set a course to Coruscant" He said.

My heart fluttered in excitement. In my travels I had frequented Coruscant very often. It was the hub for organized crime, cool artifacts and adventures that really shaped my experience during the time I was gone. 

I wasn't surprised that we were heading there. In such a dense and busy place, the Resistance would definitely blend in.

"Alright! It should take us one day. Have you ever been there before?" I asked, setting the autopilot on a course, jumping into hyperspace.

"Yes of course" he replied, taking off his mask. "Why do you ask?" He ran his hands through his hair, closing his eyes for a second.

For a moment, I felt myself distracted by how handsome he was. It was one of the reasons I was so hopelessly attracted to him before I was essentially disowned. 

"Alright just don't answer my question to your question then..." His low baritone voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Oh! I meant have you ever been to Coruscant like where you can find all of the fun stuff and the really good food like the Uscru Entertainment District. Or explore the lesser known places Like the Underworld, or the Ethnic Neighborhoods... or-"

"The Ethic Neighborhoods?"

"You don't know about the Ethnic Neighborhoods?"

Kylo shook his head.

"So basically a long time ago non-human races from many planets that came to Coruscant were essentially segregated from the Human races and put into neighborhoods of their own species or type of environment they are naturally acclimated to. They were told that they were put there to protect the from "genuine prejudice" but in reality it was apart of the Galactic Empires Humanocentric policies"

"That's really messed up... why do you go there?"

"Well despite the shit poor conditions they are living in and that they are targeted by Stormtroopers, they are such a hopeful and rich-cultured people. Also their food is really good too! There is so much to learn from them. If I was to become Supreme Leader I would send a lot of funding there and get the Stormtroopers out of there. The residents need security and law enforcement from those within their own community that are more aware of the social situations. They deserve so much more than what was given to them."

There was a silence. His head seemed to be swimming with thoughts. Finally he spoke

"That's very admirable of you." He said "You should take me there sometime so I can see what changes I can help make in the future"

"When you're Supreme Leader" I sighed angrily.

"Yes, when I am Supreme Leader" he retorted back.

I huffed, feeling anger rise up in me. Calming myself down I focused on the lights whizzing past us as we were hurled though space.

"Oh, by the way, I left a surprise for you in our quarters. To make the trip more bearable" He remarked, pulling out his holopad, looking at possible leads for where we could find the Resistance.

"Wait, our quarters?!" I exclaimed

"Yes, you only have one room suitable for sleeping. You weren't expecting me to sleep up here were you, Vic?"

"Uh I was hoping for you to do that actually" I pinched the bridge of my nose stressed.

"It's okay I'll still be uncomfortable if that's what you were aiming for. I'll be sleeping on the floor and also I'll have to be in the same room as you" He chuckled.

Rolling my eyes, I got up and walked to my quarters. Opening the blaster door, Boop flew into my arms.

Of course I was ecstatic to see her, but anger rose up in me. Bringing her on the mission was putting her in danger.

"REN! WHY DID YOU BRING BOOP?!" I yelled

"I thought it would be nice to have something to interact with besides each other." He said entering the room.

Boop squirmed out of my arms and jumped into his arms. He pet her and she nuzzled against his face. "Cutie" he muttered to her. She squeaked in happiness at him and flapped her wings in excitement

"Damn traitor." I thought to myself.

"Did you even bring her stuff? Her food? Her litter tray?" I exclaimed

"Of course." He replied as I took her away from him.

"Kylo bringing her could be a distraction and she could get killed!"

"Oh, so do you want to take her back? She missed you while you were gone for so long" He raised an eyebrow.

I held her close to me. I did miss her while I was away. She was my baby girl. 

Sighing, I kissed Boop's forehead. "I guess not. But since you brought her you are going to help me take care of her and protect her. If she is harmed because of this mission, I will make it my personal goal and absolute pleasure to have you meet the maker."

He nodded and sat on my bed. Anger filled my soul. "That's my bed, Ren." I sneered.

"I'm not going to be sleeping here I'm just sitting. Don't get your hair in a twist... well I guess it already is" he said.

I yelled in frustration, storming to the pilots seat.

This is going to be one hell of a mission with the beautiful bastard.