Betrayed

Two years after Hux entered the First Order, I was 21 and Kylo was 24. 

I admired Kylo so much. The way he carried himself, his features, everything about him.

But now I hated him with a passion.

A week ago, father summoned us into his hologram room.

"My loyal daughter, Viccmortia, my flesh and blood, my dark horse." He said as I entered. Kneeling, I acknowledged him. "And Kylo Ren, my obedient son, my success story, my heir " 

"Heir?" I stammered. "Yes, Vic. Ren is now going to be the next Supreme Leader when I pass, instead of you." Father replied.

Ever since Ren joined, Father praised him, even calling him his son. Occasionally I felt jealous, wishing I was a boy. I could feel the pride towards Kylo in fathers words, overshadowing my accomplishments and years of training. 

My jaw dropped. I looked at the tall man standing next to me. He looked equally confused, but was smiling. "Thank you, Supreme leader." he said. Ren was then dismissed, leaving my father and I alone.

I was shaking in anger, tears in my eyes. "This can't be possible. I'm your daughter! Ever since I could remember you promised ME the throne! I'M YOUR DAUGHTER! Why have you forsaken me, father?!" I screamed.

"Ren is very strong. He used to feel the pull to the light, but overcame it, and now he is a force to reckon with." Snoke replied calmly.

"And I'm not strong enough? Is that it? Or is it that you wish to have a son on the throne rather than a daughter?" I spat.

"Quiet! Leave me." He said. 

I stormed out, tears coming from my eyes. I was betrayed by my own father. He had just chosen his favorite child. 

Snoke was the only father I had ever known, I worshipped him like a god, looked up to him, trusted him, believed him all of my life, up until this point.

This anger. This sadness. This frustration.  The hatred so new and powerful, I could not calm myself.

I entered a control room, full of employees and hard working people. I ignited my saber. They cowered in fear as I swung it over my head, prepared to destroy, just like Kylo. Maybe if I acted like him, father would give me my birthright back.  But then I saw the looks on their faces. Scared, angry, worried. Hux was among them.

"Fuck" I sighed, putting the saber down, and setting it in my holster. "I'm sorry guys, carry on. I'll request a vacation day for all of you. Sorry for the disturbance." I turned to leave, but felt a hand on my shoulder. 

Hux looked down at me, raising an eyebrow, leaning down to my ear, whispering "Do you need to talk?". I nodded and led him to my living space. He sat down on my couch "Alright, what happened?" he asked, concern in his eyes, while my porg jumped into his lap.

I recounted the previous event, in a crying, angry, screaming mess. I was livid, confused, and so sad. 

Hux, being the good friend he is, listened, and patted the seat next to him when I finished, and hugged me.

"For fuck sake, I'm his daughter! Like when I came in he said "my flesh and blood" to me. I feel like I'm anything except his flesh and blood! And Ren, when dad told him that he would be heir, the bastard smiled and said "Thank you, Supreme leader". Why didn't he say "No I couldn't possibly do this." Ren  knew how much, no, he KNOWS that I have been promised supremacy since I could understand words, and how excited I was. Just a week ago, Kylo was helping me plan for my Supremacy Ceremony, when it came time. He always seemed so happy and excited for me to be Supreme leader!" I choked out.

"I'm really sorry Vic, I don't know what to say really. I mean, why would your father do that to you?" Hux patted my back.

"He doesn't think I'm strong enough. He doesn't want a woman on the throne." I sniffled, stroking my porg. 

Hux sighed "You know I hate Ren, but have you thought about how he feels about it? He wasn't really given a chance, wasn't even asked to be the next. Maybe he doesn't want to be supreme leader." 

"I saw the smile on that little shits face. I don't want to talk to him ever again"

"So be it" Armitage sighed, hugging me tighter.