A parting gift

Within a few days I was fully healed and ready to go. Kylo and I would be traveling on my ship since I had multiple rooms and facilities for long travel and we could also dock his ship within mine. While I was in Med-bay, both of our essentials and some belongings were loaded onto the ship. 

I tried saying my goodbyes to Boop once again but I couldn't find her. I guess she was hiding or Hux already took her to his quarters to care for her while I was gone. I shrugged the thought away and started walking to my ship. I was a little bit worked up and pissed because I would be sharing my space with Kylo.

On my way, I was stopped by one of the Praetorian Guard.

"Oh, hey! What's up? Kinda strange to see you outside of the Red room. Dad wants to see me doesn't he? Well you can tell him-" I started to walk away

A red leathered glove gently grabbed my arm. I was surprised at how careful he was, considering the PG just oozed strength and brutishness. Even growing up with them, they never touched me. 

"Um, well, it isn't that..." He stammered. When the PG rarely spoke it was forcefully and powerful. But this... this was soft, and normal even. Sorrow and fondness for me radiated from him, and I could tell he was carrying the thoughts and sentiments of others with him.

"Wha-what is it then?" I said.

"I know you don't know my name, or any of the other guards names. And I wish I could tell you. But you know we are sworn to secrecy"

I nodded, puzzled.

"But we've known you ever since you were little. You've grown with us and we've grown with you...and it might not be obvious but you've grown on us..."

My watch beeped. I had three minutes to get on the ship. 

"The others and I don't really know how to say this but we have decided now would be the best time, since you're going away and you're going to be in a lot more danger than other missions you've been on...I guess what we are trying to say is please be safe and come back to us okay. We really missed you and were worried about you while you were gone. We are  going to keep missing you and worrying. This is from all of us."

First he handed me a small red braided bracelet. "We all took out a couple of threads from our uniforms and I braided it together. We made this two days ago"

Tears were streaming from my eyes as I searched for words. All of this was so startling and completely against their protocol, they could possibly get killed for speaking so frankly to me like this.

"But this, we've been waiting to give this to you for a while now. It was originally supposed to be your gift for when you became supreme leader. It's not the best but we all chipped in and worked on it to the best of our abilities ever since you were young. We aren't trained in the art of making these but-" I heard his voice cracking.

He handed me the hilt of a lightsaber. It was roughly made but it seemed sturdy. Traditionally one is supposed to craft their own saber, and chose the Kyber crystal. Receiving one as a gift is unheard of to me. I could feel the sentiment and dedication that went into making it coming from the crystal inside.

"I-,we-" He started to speak. I pulled him into a tight hug, crying. No one had ever done something so kind and loving for me before.

"I promise I'll return safe for you guys, promise" choking out I buried my head into his chest of red.

He was hesitant at first, probably having never received a hug before, then wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big squeeze. I heard him sniffling behind the crimson visor.

"May the force be with you" he whispered.

"VICCMORTIA SNOKE PLEASE REPORT TO THE SHIP DOCK. ALL PRAETORIAN GUARD PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR POSTS IMMEDIATELY" The speakers around the ship blared. The guard jumped away from me startled, and ran away.

There I stood in the middle of the hallway, crying. Would I ever see them again? How did they get a Kyber crystal? Where did they find the parts to make a lightsaber? Will I be able to keep my promise?

So many thoughts ran through my head as I ducked into a refresher to splash my face and regain my composure. "VICCMORTIA SNOKE PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR SHIP" The intercom screamed.

Emerging from the bathroom, I put the bracelet on, and ran to my ship.

(A/N: Oh my lord guys this one was a tear jerker for me. I cried while writing it. Everybody in this damn story be soft as hell haha but that is gonna change though. The calm before the storm hehehe. I hope y'all enjoyed this. Let me know in the comments what you think and your feedback on what I can do better )