Bargaining

"W-Wait!"

...

"Will I ever see you again?"

...

Y/N: "You will, eventually..."

...

Y/N: "But rest assured... We will meet again..."

...

"I'll be waiting!"

"W-What?"

You let out an aggravated sigh, looking at the two humans in front of you.

Y/N: "The war against Salem, How much progress have you made?"

Ozpin: "I... I-I don't know what yo-"

Letting out a snarl you violently grab him by the chin and lift him up to eye level, staring deep into his soul.

Y/N: "Don't you lie to me you pathetic creature!  I can feel the ancient magic in your soul, now answer the damn question!"

Ozpin struggles to breathe, Glynda raises her wand ready to attack you. 

Ozpin: "STOP!"

Glynda lowers her wand as Ozpin struggles to speak.

Ozpin: "Please... Release me and I will tell you!"

You bring him close to your face, staring into his eyes.  You breathe out a small amount of micro oxygen onto his face.

Y/N: "Try anything and I shall tear the both of you limb from limb."

You abruptly drop him and he lands hard on his back, taking deep breaths now that he can breathe. Goodwitch quickly runs over and helps Ozpin to his feet.  After catching his breath he finally looks to you.

Ozpin: "You... You're not from Remnant... Are you?"

Y/N: "No, I am not... The Gods have sent me to investigate this planet and to see if it's worth preserving or if it should be destroyed... And so far... I am Not impressed..."

Ozpin: "So the gods made more planets... And more Humans?  We're not the only ones?"

Y/N: "Other humans?  I am not so sure..."

Ozpin: "But yo-"

Y/N: "I am neither Human nor Faunus, I merely adopted this form to better blend in with your species."

Glynda: *Scoffs* Not a Faunus?  Then do tell, what do you look like then?"

Y/N: "If I were to adopt my true form at this very moment the both of you would be crushed under my foot..."

Ozpin: "I see... So yo-"

Y/N: "Stop."

He quickly becomes quiet.  Ozpin is no fool, he saw your display of power... And he's fully aware you were just playing with your prey.

Y/N: "I am not here to discuss myself.  Answer. The. Question."

Ozpin sighs and takes off his glasses and cleans them before looking back to you.

Ozpin: "As of right now, we are in a stalemate. Neither of us have gained or lost ground for some time."

Y/N: "Is that so...?  Because to me it appears that your species is currently on the back foot against the Grimm, you seem to be losing more and more settlement to the Grimm each passing day.  So are you quite sure you're in a 'Stalemate'? "