A Late Night Talk

Moonlight fills the dorm room as Team RWBY sleeps.   When The girls returned from the cafeteria they had seen Ruby on the bed still out cold and Destroyah on the floor sleeping.  The girls decided to head to sleep, not wanting to do anything to wake the monster up.  Before she went to bed Yang checked to make sure Ruby was actually unconscious and not dead, she breathed a sigh of relief knowing Destroyah hadn't killed her while they were gone.  Shortly after Yang's snoring filled the room.

Destroyah's horn begins to faintly glow as a certain Red Cloaked huntress stirs awake.  A small amount of silver light fills the room as Ruby opens her eyes.  She awkwardly sits up careful not to fall of the bed she was haphazardly thrown on.  She looks around the room to see everyone asleep.

Ruby: *sigh* "Well... There goes my sleep schedule..."

She looks down to see she's still in her uniform, Ruby hops down from her bed to change into her pajamas.  As she gets her clothes together she notices something.

Ruby: "Where's that light coming from...?"

Everywhere she looks is coated in a silver light.  She keeps moving her head around until finally-

Ruby: *Gasp*  I HAVE FLASHLIGHTS IN MY EYES!  THAT'S SO COOL!  Pfft, who even needs night vision!"

"Do you have to be so loud...?"  A low voice growls out.

Ruby: "EEEEEP!"

She whips around to look at the monster, his horn giving off a low glow as he sits up.  Spreading his large wings.

Ruby: "AAAH! Don't look Don't look!  I'm not fully changed yet!"

Y/N: *Annoyed* "First of all, keep your voice down..."

Ruby: *Whispering* "Sorry!"

Y/N: "Second of all, I don't care.  Clothing is still a foreign concept to me..."

Ruby: "W-Well it's still embarrassing to me!"

Y/N: "Ruby?"

Ruby: "Yeah?"

Y/N: "I haven't been facing you since this conversation started..."

She looks at him as he Still hasn't moved to face her.

Ruby: "Oh yeah... I'm... just gonna..."

Y/N hear the sound of shifting behind him before hearing a Thud on a bed next to him.  He turns his head to look and sees Ruby looking at him now in her pajamas.  They stare at each other for an oddly long time, neither saying anything to each other.  This continues for several minutes until one of them speaks.

Y/N: "What...?  Why are you still staring at me...?"

Ruby: "I-I just..."

Y/N: "What?"

Ruby: "I... You said I have powers, Magical powers.  But since you've said that you haven't explained anything.  Is this my power?" *She moves her head around shining light on various objects in the room.* "Because if so....  THIS IS SO COOL!"

Y/N rubs his eyes and sighs at her childish behavior.  He does take note of her curiosity about her powers though.

Y/N: "No, this is not the extent of your magical powers.  Far from it.  I will need to look into the history or more than likely thanks to Ozma, the Myths and Fairy tails in relation to your powers to get a full grasp of what you're capable of, but this is not it."