Before the Storm

"Did you really think you stood a chance against us?"

The gods stand in front of The Destroyer, both gods visibly beaten and exhausted.  The Demonic monster trapped in a purple bubble, harmed but in notably better condition than the gods.  The monster let's out a growl, staring at the gods with murderous intent. 

                "We both know you won't be able to sustain this barrier forever...  Once you're too weak and run out of energy, I will break free... And kill the both of you..."

The younger brother steps forward and places a hand on the bubble.

"Perhaps... But that will not happen for a long... Long time... but for now...  Sleep..."

               The bubble pulses before the world fades to black.

              "Dad!  I'm Home!" 

Ruby exclaims as she walk in the door to her home.

Tai: "Ruby?  Where have you been?  You were supposed to be back over an hour ago!"

Ruby scratches the back of her head nervously as she tries to think of a way to explain what happened.

Ruby: "Well... I went to the dust shop to read some weapon magazines, and while i was doing that... The store kindasortamaybe got robbed?"

Tai: "WHAT!?"

Ruby: "BUT!  I was able to stop it...!  Mostly... The leader got away..."

As she is explaining Yang comes down the stairs to see what's going on.

Tai: "Did anything good happen while you were out?"

Ruby: "Um... Well... Uh... I... Got accepted into beacon early?"

Tai: "..."

Yang: "..."

Ruby: "..."

Tai/Yang: "WHAT!?!"

Ruby flinches at their yelling and begins to panic.

Ruby: "WellyouseeafterIhelpedchaseoffromantorchwickIgottakentoaroomwhereahuntressstartedyellingatmethenafterthatozpinwalkedinandstartedtoaskmequestionsthenhesaidIcouldattendbeaconwhenitstartsup!"
(Well you see after I helped chase off Roman Torchwick I got taken to a room where a huntress started yelling at me then after that Ozpin walked in and started to ask me questions then he said I could attend beacon when it starts up!)[I decided to be nice so you didn't have to figure it out.]

Tai: "..."

Yang: "OH! MY BABY SISTER IS JOINING ME AT BEACON!"

Yang grabs her younger sister and crushes her with a bear hug, which Ruby desperately tries to get out of.  As this was happening Tai gets a text from Ozpin confirming what Ruby had said.

Tai: "Well I'll be... looks like you were telling the truth.  Well you better get some rest, after all beacon starts tomorrow."

Yang puts Ruby down and ruffles her sisters hair, Ruby's smile fades and she looks out the window a worried look on her face.  Her family notices this and exchange a concerned look.

Yang: "Ruby?  What's wrong?"

Ruby looks at the moon before speaking.

Ruby: "I still can't shake the feeling I had that night... When the sky lit on fire...  I can't shake the feeling that something is here... Something dangerous... Evil..."