(4)Thanos

I stand outside of Tony's med room. Natasha, Steve and I wait, and watch Rhodey take the glasses off of Tony's unconscious body, and rest them on the bedside table.

"Bruce gave him a sedative." Rhodey tells us. "He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day."

I sigh.

"You guys take care of him, and I'll bring him a Xorrian elixir when I come back." Carol says. She turns and starts walking away.

"Where are you going?" Steve asks.

"To kill Thanos." She replies. My eyes widen and I look at Nat, who looks at me. Then we both look at Steve, who looks at us. As if eye contact were a language, we tell eachother what to do.

We followed after her.

"Hey." Natasha calls. Carol turns to face us and seems unbothered. "You know, we usually work as a team here, and, uh, between you and I, morale's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too." Steve adds.

"Do you even know where he is?" I ask.

"I know people who might." She answers.

"Don't bother." Nebula says from behind Carol. "I can tell you where Thanos is."

"Not here." Rhodey says pointing at the medbay. He motions for us to follow him. He takes us back to the office.

In the room is me, Nat, Cap, Rhodes, Neb, Bruce and Rocket.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me." Nebula begins. "And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan. Even disassembled I wanted to please him." She goes on. "I'd ask, where would we go once his plan was complete? His answer was always the same." She tells us.

She leaned on the table and pauses. "To The Garden."

"That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." I say.

"So, where is he?" Steve asks.

Rocket turns on a hologram device on the table of which he stood. It shows the image of a planet.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it."

The Earth hologram shows a level blast expanding from it.

"Not until two days ago, on this planet." Rocket says and the image changes to another planet.

"Thanos is there." Nebula states.

I lean on the table, staring at the planet. "He used the stones again." I say, almost to myself, as I read the statistics displayed around it.

"Hey, hey, hey." Bruce pipes up. "We'd be going in short handed, you know?"

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey says.

"So, let's get 'em." Carol interrupts. "Use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce asks.

"Yeah. Just like that." Steve nods.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this, I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha looks at all of us.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asks.

"Because before you didn't have me." Carol says confidently.

"Hey, new girl?" Rhodey says. "Everybody in this room is about that superhero life."

She tilts her head as if it's a silent eye roll.